SWR

brattbugg

• Members

Yes, yes it is. I have a pre-Fender 350x and it is actually 350 watts at 4 ohms and 450 watts at 2 ohms. I played several 3 hour gigs with it running at 2 ohms and it never failed. A few gigs were outside with the sun beating down on it the whole time and it was fine. SWR's get hot to the touch but it is part of the design, the case is part of the cooling system or something like that. I still use it as my backup/practice amp and it's never let me down.

Plenty loud, too.

• Members

Yes, yes it is. I have a pre-Fender 350x and it is actually 350 watts at 4 ohms and 450 watts at 2 ohms. I played several 3 hour gigs with it running at 2 ohms and it never failed. A few gigs were outside with the sun beating down on it the whole time and it was fine. SWR's get hot to the touch but it is part of the design, the case is part of the cooling system or something like that. I still use it as my backup/practice amp and it's never let me down.

Plenty loud, too.

That being said, there's more stories of 'SM-900 Melting down' than any other amp I can think of....I'd say that 2ohms= no.

• Members

I've always heard and been told that you never do that.

The only thing an amp cares about is the total impedance.

When mixing speaker cabinet impedances, the thing that must be factored into it is the power distribution between cabinets. An 8 ohm and 4 ohm cabinet would result in 1/3 ofthe amp's power going to the 8 ohm cab and 2/3 of the power going to the 4 ohm cab. This may be advantagous in balancing power between cabinets of different capacity.

• Members

SWR amps are great, mine works very well, and has plenty of power.

I think it needs more bass.......

I agree on it needing more bass.I just use my trusty Sans Amp and I can dial in tons of the stuff :cool:.Way more than you can use unless pure thundering mud is the goal :lol:.

Archived