Paid not to play tonight!!!

Thunderbroom

• Members

Woot!!

We were scheduled to play a fest tonight. The band got there at 6:00p to setup. The weather has been bad today; Chicago got 3.5" of rain. It was looking bad, so the organizers told us not to unload and that they'd make a decision by 6:30p. They cancelled and handed us a check.

We went out for dinner as a band.

:cool:

Hopefully we don't get rained out tomorrow, as we'd much rather play.

• Members

Where did you guys go out to eat?

A pizza joint nearby (Homerun Inn). The pizza was pretty good and the company was excellent. My wife was in the area, so she stopped by and ate with us.

Tomorrow should be a blast provided the weather holds up. We're got the main slot for a new fest in a town we've played at the last two years. It's in a gazebo. The soundguy for tonight's cancelled gig is running sound (well, his company) for us tomorrow and said they built a nice stage onto the front of the gazebo and said it was really nice.

• Members

A pizza joint nearby (Homerun Inn). The pizza was pretty good and the company was excellent. My wife was in the area, so she stopped by and ate with us.

Tomorrow should be a blast provided the weather holds up. We're got the main slot for a new fest in a town we've played at the last two years. It's in a gazebo. The soundguy for tonight's cancelled gig is running sound (well, his company) for us tomorrow and said they built a nice stage onto the front of the gazebo and said it was really nice.

No sushi? And here I thought it was going to be a happy ending.

Congrats on the other gig though. Nice stages can be pretty rare sometimes....

Archived