Got 2nd place in an open mic contest last nite

hi.flyer

• Members

100$. Pics will be forthcoming ASAP, as soon as my girlf's friend uploads 'em to Failbook or whatever.

I'm pretty proud of myself... I've never, um, really been PAID for a gig before (if this counts as that, haha), and we really kinda threw our performance together at the last minute. I mean, {censored}, I showed the guitarist who sat in w/ us the chords as we were sitting outside the bar! Easy material, tho. It went well. It feels kinda anti-climactic now, tho. :o

• Members

Congrats, hi.flyer. That must be encouraging. What kind of material was it? Yours that you posted done acoustically?

Well it was kinda just stripped down versions of some stuff that we'd been working on. I should post the recorded tracks. I've used the beats for other stuff before, but then my friend thought he'd try to turn his English degree into rap career. :D

So, it was pretty much just bass grooves over a drum machine (you can't see it in the pics of course, but, oh, it's there) w/ some acoustic strummin'... I taught the guitar guy the chords about half an hour before we went on, ha. The songs lost a bit w/out the full production, samples, etc., but the focus was on the vocals anyway so it all worked out.

Thanks for the props. :wave:

• Members

The bass player of the hipster country band that came on after us couldn't tune his bass for {censored}. The low E was off by a half step... imagine hearing that two step, 1 5, bassline w/ a tritone instead of a perfect fifth, under 'On the Road Again' or some such {censored}. Frikkin' PAINFUL! :freak::facepalm:

Archived