So, I'm getting my brother a bass for his birthday and have no clue what to get!

Fuzzball24

• Members
Way better then the fender squire, better bridge, better pups, better necks, better fretwork, 6 in stead of 4 bolt neck for added sustain and tone. Excellent build qaulity overall. ESP LTD B50:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-B50-Bass?sku=512723

Pups are aqllmost identical to dimarzio pj set, marginal difference found when swapped the stock ones for dimarzios years ago when had one. Only $239 at MF new. Add their deluxe gigbag and new spare set of strings plus some picks and a strap and cost is still under or barely at $300 complete.

Add small bass combo amp by Acoustic or Peavey along with instrument cord.

I like this idea.

I think what I am going to let him do is let him go to the store and try out those basses to see which one he likes the most.

I just wanted some people to point me out in the right direction.

Thanks. :)

• Members
I like this idea.

I think what I am going to let him do is let him go to the store and try out those basses to see which one he likes the most.

I just wanted some people to point me out in the right direction.

Thanks.
:)

This is really the only correct answer to begin with, regardless of what anyone here said. Lots of basses feel pretty different, and depending on his hand size some might be very uncomfortable.

If he ends up liking the thin Ibanez necks, you know where to find a nice one for cheap... :D

Archived