vocalists - specifically metal vocalists

mlwarriner

• Members

warm green tea with a little honey will really help as you develop and learn how to develop your scream. don't get that lipton stuff that has as much sugar as a can of soda.

as for the zen of screaming... personally i think its a huge waste of money, and doesn't offer anything terribly unique, it just reapplies singing techniques to screaming. also i felt much of the material was like a huge advertisement for what your already purchased, I don't need to hear from 20 different frontmen how much the instructor helped them through out the course of the DVD.

but hey, youtube it, and see for yourself, last time I looked its all up.

Good luck.

• Members
says the guy with the Ozzy avatar
:D

yeah today his voice is done BUT did you ever notice that there isn't one single person beside Ozzy who can do justice to Ozzy/Sabbath songs. Lots have tried..Dio, Halford, Gillan, etc..and all have failed miserably imo.

*sorry for getting off topic just felt like saying that for awhile now.

• Members
Whatever you do, don't try to actually sing!
:cop:

There's nothing inherently evil about being able to control your pitch!
:mad:

there's a few parts where i intend to help "sing". but i already know (well enough) how to sing. screaming/growling not so much.

:)

• Members

Your singer was vomitting blood because of screaming?

This should never happen..

It shouldn't happen, but it happens. Every once in a while you get a giant pimple on your vocal chords and it bursts and then you cough up blood. The guy from Disturbed, Chris Cornell and Phil Anselmo are really good examples of awesome screamer type guys all with proper technique and all have had nodes before. There is no way to avoid it permanently.

It's like saying if you have proper technique you'll never get a blister playing bass. We all know that once in a while you just push it the wrong way and suddenly pop.. ew yuck, I've got blood on my strings.

• Members
It shouldn't happen, but it happens. Every once in a while you get a giant pimple on your vocal chords and it bursts and then you cough up blood. The guy from Disturbed, Chris Cornell and Phil Anselmo are really good examples of awesome screamer type guys all with proper technique and all have had nodes before. There is no way to avoid it permanently.

It's like saying if you have proper technique you'll never get a blister playing bass. We all know that once in a while you just push it the wrong way and suddenly pop.. ew yuck, I've got blood on my strings.

SHIZA! :eek:

I've never heard of vc pimples. That's gotta suck.

I've never had a blood blister while playing bass.... :D I did get one from swinging an axe the other day. Years at a desk job are turning my calloused hands softer.

The last blister I got from bass playing was from when I transitioned to playing with a pick. The side of my thumb would rub on the strings, and since I had never had a callous there before, it got pretty tender. It's now calloused over, and I don't have that problem anymore.

• Members

If your gonna sing anything it's gonna already have to be within your range if you haven't been training. If you want cookie monster vocals, that's as simple as talking into a preset vocal effects processor.

Archived