G-Bass

• Members

Hey all,

I've been intrigued by these for years, though never actually managed to put my hands on one. I've watched with dismay as they have become the flavor of the month and prices have risen, but still thought this might be a bass for me. I have a chance at one pretty cheap, but would not be able to try it and i wanted to reach out to those that have them for commentary; pluses, minuses, loves, hates, etc. Thanks.

• Members

My Gbass is awesome as a backup. Sturdy, stable neck, great sound with drop tuning, super punchy.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it feels to me like access to the upper frets is awkward because of the 35" scale with 21 frets and the way the body hangs from the strap. That's a pretty minor concern and I think moving strap horns around would fix it.

Well, welllll worth 300 bucks or so they go for. Probably the best buy in the world on basses.

• Members

My Gbass is awesome as a backup. Sturdy, stable neck, great sound with drop tuning, super punchy.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it feels to me like access to the upper frets is awkward because of the 35" scale with 21 frets and the way the body hangs from the strap. That's a pretty minor concern and I think moving strap horns around would fix it.

Well, welllll worth 300 bucks or so they go for. Probably the best buy in the world on basses.

i think they are going for alot more these days, ive seen some sell much more on ebay...im hoping the one im eyeing for less than 3 will work out...

Archived