I am not a bass player...

MattACaster

• Members

Those look great.

I have loved every Gibson bass I have ever played, even though a couple have weighed 10+ pounds.

Gibsons are always about $300 more than I'm willing to spend, new and used.

Yeah, they are a pain in the should be have a tone unlike any other bass. A buddy of mine had a 70s RD that sounded killer. He sold it a couple months ago for like $500. :cry:

• Members

I really like Gibson basses but yea they are waaaaaaaay over-priced

Just about everything Gibson is overpriced. Used is the way to go. Every so often you can find an awesome deal on one. I just grabbed an LP Standard for $550 a couple months ago. It had a neck break but what expertly repaired. It's an awesome guitar but I would never have paid even close to what they are asking for one new.

• Members

Just about everything Gibson is overpriced. Used is the way to go. Every so often you can find an awesome deal on one. I just grabbed an LP Standard for $550 a couple months ago. It had a neck break but what expertly repaired. It's an awesome guitar but I would never have paid even close to what they are asking for one new.

I had an early 70's Gibby SB 400 that I bought for $400. The thing was beat to hell but the neck was still fine. I ended up selling it because I needed the money and I really regret it because it was such a kickass bass.

• Members

I had an early 70's Gibby SB 400 that I bought for $400. The thing was beat to hell but the neck was still fine. I ended up selling it because I needed the money and I really regret it because it was such a kickass bass.

I've never seen one of those before. Nice!! :love:

Archived