Lord of the Flies: Serious attack and torture in Britain.

philthygeezer

• Members

Justice is anything BUT revenge. Pretty much the opposite of it actually. Justice is supposed to be blind, obliviously fair. There is no room for emotion in true justice.

+1 Revenge is meted out based on the level of righteous indignation and felt offense. Justice is handed down based on the level of punishment required to deter the crime, /or the level of rehab required to reform the criminal, /or the level of safety or restitution needed to restore the victim. I understand that the last bit could be the thin end of the revenge wedge.

At the very least, society needs to be guaranteed that the other kids will never hurt other kids again. The victims must have restitution and the offenders need lethal injections (j/k). What the hell do you do with kids who hurt people like this? Life in prison?

• Members

+1 Revenge is meted out based on the level of righteous indignation and felt offense. Justice is handed down based on the level of punishment required to deter the crime, /or the level of rehab required to reform the criminal, /or the level of safety or restitution needed to restore the victim. I understand that the last bit could be the thin end of the revenge wedge.

At the very least, society needs to be guaranteed that the other kids will never hurt other kids again. The victims must have restitution and the offenders need lethal injections (j/k). What the hell do you do with kids who hurt people like this? Life in prison?

I guess so...I think the word 'sociopath' could have been invented to describe this particular pair.

• Members

What the hell do you do with kids who hurt people like this? Life in prison?

That's what's wrong too. As far as I know they're getting the same treatment as the kids that murdered James Bulger.

They get sent away for a few years and "rehabilitated" then they get let out with new identities and back stories and act like it never happened whilst getting protected and provided for by the authorities and at the same time the victims and their families may well be irreparably scarred for life, physically and mentally. All the counselling in the world might not help them get over it.

The defendants have the prospect of a fairly good life with complete anonymity.

For any of you that have kids just think, your daughter could unknowingly marry one of them one day.

THAT is {censored}ed up.

• Members

I'm curious as to how the UK will handle this and what the end sentences will be. Remember, Scotland released the Pan Am 103 bomber out of "compassion," leading to his hero's reception in his home country. That was seriously messed up. I hope they don't make the same mistake in England this time.

Archived