Debunk: 'The Great Global Warming Swindle' is a swindle. Part 2

philthygeezer

• Members

A pause is not a reversal.

Yet last week in Geneva, at the UN's World Climate Conference--an annual gathering of the so-called "scientific consensus" on man-made climate change --Latif conceded the Earth has not warmed for nearly a decade and that we are likely entering "one or even two decades during which temperatures cool."

That statement sure is.

• Moderators

Yet last week in Geneva, at the UN's World Climate Conference--an annual gathering of the so-called "scientific consensus" on man-made climate change --Latif conceded the Earth has not warmed for nearly a decade and that we are likely entering "one or even two decades during which temperatures cool."

That statement sure is.

After which, warming will resume. Doesn't look like a reversal to me, just a change in the timetable. Additionally, it's one guy, and as far as I can tell, he's yet to publish his data, so it can be checked by others. Even more additionally, everything else I've read says that ocean temperatures are the warmest on record, so I wonder where all this cooling is.

WASHINGTON

• Members

That statement sure is.

Most long-term trends have no short-term variation! :idea:

But seriously, who is Latif and where does he get his data? One or two decades is a seriously different prediction since the CO2 warming crisis seems to be based on 30-50 years of serious heating. A couple decades of cooling seriously hurt the case for anthropogenic warming based on what I've seen and read. Unless of course it's caused by massive breakups and ablation of polar and glacial ice sheets...?

Also, conceding that the earth has not warmed for a decade also kills most of the measured warming spike off. So where is he getting his claims from?

• Members

Most long-term trends have no short-term variation!
:idea:

But seriously, who is Latif and where does he get his data? One or two decades is a seriously different prediction since the CO2 warming crisis seems to be based on 30-50 years of serious heating. A couple decades of cooling seriously hurt the case for anthropogenic warming based on what I've seen and read. Unless of course it's caused by massive breakups and ablation of polar and glacial ice sheets...?

Also, conceding that the earth has not warmed for a decade also kills most of the measured warming spike off. So where is he getting his claims from?

Whoa fellers, I was just reading the article, I didn't write it! :D The point made was that none of the models predicted any of this behavior and these are the models we are trying to make policy off of....since the science is already done.

:)

....flees global warmists carrying pitchforks

• Members

:D

And that's why I want to know who this guy is. Saying that the past decade of warming didn't exist is not what everyone else measured, so what basis does he have?

Ray Comfort says evolution can't work based examples of spurious ignorance, yet has world-wide coverage in spite of his stupidity. I'd like to know if Latif has a point. If he does, then he can change my mind! In the end, the world will go with the truth and if he's right, he's right. However, the video above plainly shows how dishonesty can easily result in claims that lie to the public.

Archived