I dig this video, it may offend some.

countrybass

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

you know, it sounds like they just pitch corrected talk radio.

This made me listen to the song. I hear exactly what you mean.

I'm not the intended audience and I know it, but it sounds like he took the music out of the music. Sort of how Das Efx left their music devoid of content by inserting pop culture references for lyrics.

• Members

imo, some music really lends itself to political commentary - the music retains its integrity while still presenting a political message.

folk music is good for this. straight up rock (thinking stuff like "fortunate son" by ccr) can be good for this too. punk, of course, was made for this kind of thing.

but new country? i don't know. i'm not really a big fan of this style (don't hate it, just not crazy about it - don't own any, don't listen to it often out of choice).

maybe it's just this song, but i listen to it and think it's actually fairly good for what it is, but it's just not working for what it's trying to be, at least for me. can't decide if it's a good attempt at a style of song that the genre just can't support, of if the genre could support this kind of song, and this one just doesn't cut it.

as for the video, i think it's pretty good. i miss seeing videos for music. everytime i would turn on mtv to see -anything- it'd be some show about some guy choosing between which of his dogs to screw or some other ridiculous nonsense, don't even try anymore.

• Moderators
He thinks that this country is culturally flawed, but loves it enough to exploit patriotism to sell records. Honestly, I'm appalled.

Well, HCBF is a flawed and awkward membership. You have exploited it to sell attention whoring to the forum in past recordings. I'm not really sure what the difference is, except that in a capitalistic system, Keith picked the target that is going to have the potential to make money. HCBF, not so much.

Archived