Made of Metal

LarryNJ

• Members

It will total:

30 basses.

*snip*

You're the kinda poster that should exist, Bro...

"Others" duuuuh, not so much!

;)

Nice! :thu::D

Seriously, you're my hero! I mean, I make money playing gigs and schtuff, but you're my hero! :cool:

Awwww... :love:

EDIT: And I'd love to vacation in Vegas, so I'll definitely contact you if we (P1gg1e and myself) ever make it there...

• Members

Bro, I worked Long and HARD to get a Rhythm section backing a Vocalist and her back-Ups to do this Room-

I was "lucky" enough in the sense that I made a good connection to GET the initial booking, but it takes "the stuff" to get the gig and KEEP it-

You must produce.

This isn't some hairball hillbilly clueless smartazz nuthin' wanna-be rawkstar no-talent BS, know what I'm saying? :evil:

Here's a taste of my current Singer, Megan- who NAILS the feel-

You get to Las Vegas, You will see a SHOW

and some of my nice basses too!

Thanks, Man!:cool:

EDIT- BTW- I've had the Trussart SteelCaster Bass for a couple hours now-

It is awesome beyond words.

Wow.

More later.....

• Members

Does the body get cold during cold weather and hot during hot weather? remembers the early metal neck kramers had that problem making them uncomfortable necks if weather wasnt mild. Lol.

Doubt it, plus-

Remember that the Neck and 'Board are same-old same old; in this case, Maple Neck, Rosewood Board.

34" Scale 1 1/2" nut width, believe it's a 12" Radius, standard J-Bass stuff-

But instead of Wood, he build bodies using a perforated stainless steel.

NOT that heavy, and the phat resonance-

Gotta hear it---NOT a toy! A serious player.

I sincerely doubt that the "elements" would have a marked effect on the instrument.

• Members

Yes, they can be wired up if so desired with JJ/PJ/ or J/MM configurations; Trussart uses either Arcane Custom Wound pups, which I understand to be superb, or, as in in my case the Seymour Duncan JJ's-

They sound awesome!

Really layin' into this bass- SO toneful.

• Members

:lol:
btw more pics of that killer new bass !

Well me and camera-

Let me put it this way-

I'm not a Bass photographer, I'm a Bass Player!

So here's a home-brew shot of the Trussart SteelCaster in it's very cool

"Lite Flight" Case, (no longer) made by Coffin Cases!

Another BONUS! for finding this NOS instrument, besides the fact that it cost me about 1/2 of list price!

About the Bass itself-

I've owned and played this for the day now.

In short-

It is absolutely astounding.

It's an active J-Bass; with SD antiquity J pups.

Push/Pull 9-Volt active, V-Neck V-Bridge Master Tone.

I think it's a Maple Neck, possibly rosewood, I think it''s a RW 'Board, possibly Ebony!

Who cares?

Construction/Build is amazing- the (former dealer pics don't do justice to how incredibly stunning the appearance is- a brushed nickel with the perfs, front and back, and the pickguard section over the pups is a tight steel mesh.

Oh- I have basses, plenty, and know a great build- Henman-Bevalacqua B4, (2) Rics, (2) Gretsch, MM Sterling, 'Wick $$, A Custom BEE, and a '69 P-Bass that will EAT anything alive as far as passive THUMP goes. That Bass rules, don't even try and F*** with it!

I gave it new life, I rescued and restored it. Amazing.

This Trussart is it. I'm DONE. It's that good. No GAS for nothing; yeah man lots of nice basses but this is the cap of my player's collection- I play 'em all.

The perf metal body front and back gives a piano-like ring; in fact an overtone to the mids and trebles especially, and it gets so deep and so phat- Like I said- I am DONE. I want no more.

It's that amazing- (Of course I'm happy to have my other basses inc. the L2K CLF; my JJ SHorthorn, My Ampeg ADA4, yada yada.)

Now-who wishes to post something stoopid about this instrument?:evil:

Like:

"electrik Shock! Hawhahw ahw YEEEhaaaa! I'm a hillbilly!

Here: write it down:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Know why I did that? Because this is an instrument for a serious player; it's a tool that exceeds the norm of standard build, even nice wood ones.

Even nice graphite ones.

Yep, still want a Modulus, still dig, hey I'm diggin' Big Al; thought about a Bongo couple times...

There are LOTS of awesome production and custom builds, your Linc is another amazing....

Gotta be real.

Hard for some, or their reality is F***ed, for sure.

hawhawhahawww!

This James Trussart SteelCaster Bass...

S&**% Man, I'm out!

It's one of the best. Period.

• Members

- snip -

Have you always babbled on so inconherently? I have almost no idea what you said beyond the fact that it is one sweet ass bass. :confused:

I'm scared to know what one of those things normally lists for.

Curious... if it only has one tone knob, what the heck is the point of active electronics? What do they really do beyond make it a little louder maybe.

• Members

Have you always babbled on so inconherently? I have almost no idea what you said beyond the fact that it is one sweet ass bass. :confused:

NO WONDER you're held in such ummm "high-esteem" and regard by some uh- "regulars" A real Harmony Central Hero! Boo-ya!

That's EXACTLY what I said, it's a sweet-ass bass.

The rest, take it or leave it, champ!

:poke:

• Members

Some beautiful instruments in this thread...

Kate-

Even the pro Dealer Pics don't do justice-

That Trussart is amazing-

Check his website, although most of his current builds are rusted/distressed, not my thang for the metal -built vibe!!

If you ever get to a NAMM, his booth is also something else!

There are some You Tube vids that show a bit of his work.

Archived