Geeks , cpu's

fretless

• Members
That's okay - we do that for fun in our house. Playing with different OS installs - the man of the house is an IT guy and I built my first gaming pc this year.

you can have it if you want it save a wee cash , but if I was building one from scratch today I'd go with something more current . still free is free and it was a damn fine cpu ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
BTW, when's the jammy page coming back? I'm doing nothing tonight & probably will want to play a little bass.

Super Bass is still building up the Great fire wall of China , search "fretless" in the search and find post by , they are all there . if there is one you want and the drums are missing let me know ;)

• Members
Do you use IIS7 at all? I'm told it's way different and that kind of scares me.

No reason for me to have IIS on this machine, though I'm sure I'll find out at work if there are any issues.

Having a major rollout next week, all of which are going to be running 7. These are developers (read: the people who normally break {censored} :mad:), so ask again in a bit. :D

• Members
No, you have to load them in from the side, and the cables and motherboard get in the way. This makes so much more sense....

Lots of cases are made like the one in the picture now - the last several that I've bought have all had hard drive mounts in that configuration, except for the latest one, which still points the connections out to the side like that but the hard drives are mounted on their sides.

I just built an i5 machine with Windows 7 64-bit. No problems so far, except that for some reason the picture doesn't fill up the entire monitor (a Visio 47-inch 1080p LCD) and I can't seem to find any settings to expand the picture to fill the whole screen. It leaves about an inch of black screen around the image. Annoying, but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. :)

• Members

Lots of cases are made like the one in the picture now - the last several that I've bought have all had hard drive mounts in that configuration, except for the latest one, which still points the connections out to the side like that but the hard drives are mounted on their sides.

"Lots" sure, but not as many as you'd think. It's such an obvious, and better, design that you'd think more would be like it. Alas, no. It took me forever to find a case I could be satisfied with.

Archived