Battle of the Light 2x12's!

mlwarriner

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I definitely vote for the GB. I had one for awhile and it was awesome.

wonder what it'd cost to get a new empty box built for my schroeder 12's...

That would seem like a bad idea. What would be the point, though?

• Members

If you generally like your Schroeder but you want more bottom end, look at the Schroeder 1212BMF. Not overpowering lowend, but more than your 1212L. The response is more even than the 121L type cab. It weighs 38 lbs and is a one hand carry. Kindness will hate it, but considering you have been mostly happy with the 1212L, he already hates your tastes in cabinets anyway. :cop:

P1010066.jpg

• Members

MLW-

Order a fEarful 212/6 from LDS. It'll eat any other 212 and he can get it down around 45-50lbs IIRC if you ask for the light 1/2" ply :)

Note: The 212 fEarful is 4 ohms only but you will never need another cabinet if you get enough power (~1000 watts)

• Members

I would feel it to be questionable from an ethical standpoint given the "commercial use prohibited" stipulation that's attached to Greenboy's designs.

Any competent local cabinet-builder should be able to execute the design properly, and you save on shipping and such.

LDS is on the fEarful wiki as a potential builder. Given Don builds to custom plans almost entirely I don't think of him as the same as say, of Ampeg started churning out fEarfuls :)

• Moderators

If you generally like your Schroeder but you want more bottom end, look at the Schroeder 1212BMF. Not overpowering lowend, but more than your 1212L. The response is more even than the 121L type cab. It weighs 38 lbs and is a one hand carry. Kindness will hate it, but considering you have been mostly happy with the 1212L, he already hates your tastes in cabinets anyway.
:cop:

P1010066.jpg

This post is pure truth.

• Members

MLW-

Order a fEarful 212/6 from LDS. It'll eat any other 212 and he can get it down around 45-50lbs IIRC if you ask for the light 1/2" ply
:)

Note: The 212 fEarful is 4 ohms only but you will never need another cabinet if you get enough power (~1000 watts)

i cannot use a 4ohm cab with my MB-210 combo amp. :(

otherwise, i'd pick up a GB 212neo and be done.

• Members

OK. So I've got a Schroeder 1212L. I like it well enough, for the most part. Seems to be lacking a little in the bottom-end department though. Pondering replacing it with one of the following:

Gallien Krueger Neo 2x12

Genz Benz Neo 2x12

Who uses what and why? Would you rather have one of the others instead?

Sadly, nobody around here carries much more than Peavey and Ampeg, so trying one out isn't very feasable.
:(

Discuss.

What is your definition of light?

Archived