Just picked my bagpipes up for the first time in many years....

der oxenrig

• Members

No. Your opinion does.

Ox, can you post clips?

It's been a very long time since I've played. The biggest problem is that I remember bits and piece of songs, and then combine them into a big cluster{censored}. :thu: I was more referring to how well I was able to keep the drones steady, and play Scotland the Brave with very few {censored}ups. :p

• Members

It's been a
very
long time since I've played. The biggest problem is that I remember bits and piece of songs, and then combine them into a big cluster{censored}.
:thu:
I was more referring to how well I was able to keep the drones steady, and play Scotland the Brave with very few {censored}ups.
:p

So... bring it! Most people wouldn't know the difference between a real song and someone noodling the pipes anyhow. :thu:

• Members

There are a handful of bagpipe players around here who play funerals/weddings, openings, etc.

They do better financially per gig and are busier than any of the "standard" instrument players I know.
:(

When I was playing them when I was younger, I was doing very well financially with them. Of course, I blew all of my savings on my current bass gear, which I never have time to use anymore. :facepalm:

• Members

When I was playing them when I was younger, I was doing
very
well financially with them. Of course, I blew all of my savings on my current bass gear, which I never have time to use anymore.
:facepalm:

The guys I know make about $200/gig, which is generally about 15 total minutes of playing :eek:. Some have two or three gigs per week.

• Members

The guys I know make about $200/gig, which is generally about 15 total minutes of playing
:eek:
. Some have two or three gigs per week.

...so you're saying it's like extortion money, without the arrest? :confused:

I kid, I KID!!!

Archived