Paying Taxes Is Voluntary!

Thunderbroom

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's frustrating to watch.

I've actually known a guy who didn't pay income taxes. He's one of a group who believe that paying taxes is unconstitutional or something like that. So, they declare themselves corporations, don't pay taxes and spend a lot of time in court defending their right to keep their money.

• Members

Its a tough video to watch. I can see why Reid was trying to alter the framing of the discussion, after all, the interviewer clearly had an agenda and was trying to frame the discussion, himself. Still, a good politician should be aware of the agenda of an interviewer before going in, and they should be prepared for it. Reid wasn't.

• Members

Maybe he was referring to the Kennedy family. From what I have read and heard, he rarely paid taxes of any sort - income, property, etc. In fact, he [Ted Kennedy] established that he lived in FLORIDA, not Massachusetts, so his family could inherit his estate at Florida rates rather than at Massachusetts rates.

Politics. :rolleyes:

• Members
Of course its voluntary... everyone has the choice to have no income, purchase no goods, own no land, and generally get by without any possessions or place to live.

Those people are usually referred to as "deserving" by politicians, nowadays. :D

• Members

Its a tough video to watch. I can see why Reid was trying to alter the framing of the discussion, after all, the interviewer clearly had an agenda and was trying to frame the discussion, himself. Still, a good politician should be aware of the agenda of an interviewer before going in, and they should be prepared for it. Reid wasn't.

It wasn't a "discussion", it was an interview. The interviewer asked a question, Reid attempted to answer a different question, and in the process managed to make a statement that is ridiculous on its face. Rather than attempt to correct his statement, he made increasingly ridiculous and irrelevant statements in an attempt to substantiate a statement he should have recognized as false the moment he said it...

This wasn't a discussion between two politicians, where they're each trying to make points, it's an interview where one person asks questions and the other is supposed to answer them.

• Members

It wasn't a "discussion", it was an interview. The interviewer asked a question, Reid attempted to answer a different question, and in the process managed to make a statement that is ridiculous on its face. Rather than attempt to correct his statement, he made increasingly ridiculous and irrelevant statements in an attempt to substantiate a statement he should have recognized as false the moment he said it...

This wasn't a discussion between two politicians, where they're each trying to make points, it's an interview where one person asks questions and the other is supposed to answer them.

The interviewer clearly had a point he was trying to make as well. It wasn't merely an interview, as both parties clearly had an agenda that they were trying to promote with this exchange.

• Members

I thought the liberal media didn't have an agenda against Democrats. :confused:

Reid was totally setup and blindsided! They were just having a casual conversation about their kids, then, WHAM! This guys gets all confrontational. :D

• Members

The interviewer clearly had a point he was trying to make as well. It wasn't merely an interview, as both parties clearly had an agenda that they were trying to promote with this exchange.

Gosh! You don't suppose something devious like an interview-ambush ever happened to, oh, I dunno, George W. Bush or Sarah Palin, do you?

If the Cap and Trade had passed under Bush, the media would still be screaming about it. Sure, media bias is alive and well on both sides. Otherwise, why would so many people gripe about Fox news and not about CBS?

• Members

So? I have an agenda to tell the world the earth is not flat. That doesn't make the flat-earther's point any more valid. :D

Archived