I Quit

Thunderbroom

• Members

My Lessons.

:(

Great teacher. Flexible schedule.

I came to the conclusion over the weekend that I just can't put in the requisite time to the lessons to make it worthwhile for me right now. I knew this deep down before I even called the teacher to begin with. I gave it a shot but really need to stay focused on school and my dissertation. I'm in the make or break period and will be for the next 12 - 13 months. I've got to keep my eye on the prize.

On a positive note, I do plan to follow some of his recommendations and still work through the books at my own pace.

• Members

Pansy.

:rolleyes:
Keep up the good work.
:thu:

Yeah, all that.

Honest, I thought you were incredibly brave for trying to squeeze it in to begin with! So, you got a few lessons in, enough to find some evaluation, direction, and instruction. So a year or so from now, after you've had the time to put some of this to use and perfect it, you can go back to him, and show off how good you got from such a short stay! ;)

• Members

Aha! Proof that you're human.
:D

Come back to it when you're done with the diss. It's one more incentive to finish that puppy.
;)

Indeed.

I should get official approval from the university to start data collection in the next week or so. Since the holidays are coming up, I'll start in earnest in January. I have my plan put together and now just need to follow it. My goal is to have my data collected no later than the end of March. I'll spend April and May analyzing the data and spend June/July writing Chapter 4. The Fall will be spent writing Chapter 5 and revising Chapters 1 - 3. Well, that's my plan anyway.

:)

• Members

You writin' a book about us? HCBF? Bassists, specifically? Musicians in general?

Seriously, as a full-time worker and a full-time father of three, I couldn't find time to practice the way I wanted. When (IF) I watched t.v. with the kids, I took an unplugged electric bass to the couch and slapped and popped while watching The Simpsons or whatever. Hard to balance. Hard to justify internally, sometimes.

So, do you have a thesis title?

• Members

My working title:

Community College Presidential Transition: Enhancing the Process by Understanding Stakeholder Perceptions

Mine was the true impact of the principal on school performance. Found lots of data supporting it; found lots of data discrediting it. It turned out to be an eye-opener for me. There were no false visions of grandeur on my part after that thesis. Most of the controversy turned out to be the definition and parameters of "school performance."

Good luck, Jeff.

• Members

You've already stepped down as a mod, you can already stop trying to convince us that you are not an alien. :poke:

Once an alien, always an alien... :mad:

I'll only be convinced about his humanity if Tbroom proves that he eats turkey...and likes it. :mad:

Archived