Danolectro "Dead On" 58' Longhorn...mine.

sub5ound

• Members

Well, almost set to pull the trigger on this puppy. Tried one a couple weeks ago and was very impressed. For $349 it is easily one of the better values on the market...if you don't mind looking like a member of the "Yee-Haw" studion band. (I like to think of it as early Ox, but whatever.) I decided it wasn't the time to start a pedal board, being that I don't wanna half ass it and $350 will get me almost there, but not quite. If I'm gonna build a pedal board, I want astronauts to see it from space.

So, I'm going full cheese with this one:

Dano 58 Longhorn

Tooled leather strap WITH buckle (giddy-up)

Vox curly cable (they are superior in every way shape and form)

:thu:

• Members

Mine is one of the earlier Evetts re-issues... Most likely an '00... Great bass that sees plenty of gig time. Some folks don't like 'em, but it works fantastically for my group.

The 'Dead-On' ones have the truss rod adjustment at the headstock, which is a bonus. I'm really glad that they stuck to the popsicle-stick bridge and concentric controls though... Those pickup switches on the later Longhorns, (as well as the '63 bass), are a PITA!!

Also, it looks like they went with the updated pickups from the last run of '63s which sound great... I just wish there were a few more color options with this release... Blueburst seems to be calling my name!!

-robert

• Members

Well, I decided to actually take the plunge and build my dream pedalboard...so the Dano is now out. Some inside info from a friend and some more carefull consideration changed my mind. I think it's a great price but for where I'm at now, I can't justify spending on it. I'm just upset I missed the boat on the 63's when they were priced at $200! Sorry. :facepalm:

Archived