Official Ebay "Win"

blueyedmule

• Members

Not my gear, just for reference.

rack3.jpg

The Pearce preamp is the two-channel unit, two rows of knobs--top of the stack.

From left to right: Drive, Bass, Midrange, Frequency (70Hz to 2Khz), Treble, FX Send, Volume. On the end, Threshold (for compressor), in/out switch, FX Return, and power on/off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

So how does the pearce sound?!? I'd love to get one. I'm looking for this tone.

Thanks,

Jim.

Now that it's a done deal--I finally broke down and bought a Pearce BC-1 preamp. Been wanting one for years and they don't come around very often any more on da bay. Price wasn't a steal but I'm ok with that.

Now to get it in my sweaty hands and hooked up!

• Members

So how does the pearce sound?!? I'd love to get one. I'm looking for this tone.

Thanks,

Jim.

Love the Pearce, I really really do. I'm amazed at how good my Yammy Attitude sounds through this preamp. They go together like pb&j. I've yet to get a chance to run all my basses through it, downside of working nights. I literally wish I had bought this preamp back when I first thought of it, rather than being influenced by others (and my own impulses) to try the big Mesa amp--which is sweet as fresh butter in it's own regard, but not what I was looking for--or the others I've bought. I spent a lot of money unnecessarily.

For me--for ME, I emphasize--the Pearce is home. I doubt I'll need or want anything more. I'd only buy another because they aren't being made anymore.

Archived