What non-bass item are you GASsing for?

Hotblack

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have 3 things I'd like...

An Imac or Macbook Pro for recording. My PC hasn't been as stable as i'd expect.

Decent tires for my truck. Now that we're in snow country, my highway slicks aren't cutting it. Something snowflake rated, and 35" would be ideal.

While we're at it I wouldn't turn down a new audio interface. When it works, my tascam US-1641 does it's job, but sometimes I have to yell to get everything to cooperate. I'd like to be able to fire up reaper, load exdrummer, drop in my drums and record. Save, reboot, unplug, powercycle tascam, record, crash, powercycle tascam, etc isn't always fun. It also does work as advertised. I record when russian roulette seems like a good idea!

• Members

I almost bought a remington xp-100 in .223 last week. I may still get it I just haven't had time.

I am gassing for a digi-mixer, right now the cheapest I have found that uses a cat 5 cable to the control surface(mic-pres and dsp on stage-no snake) is about 7k. I would jump on one for 3500 or so. I think it would save about 20-30 minutes on set-up, and get rid of the snake.

I will own a Gibson es-335, a Fender american deluxe ash tele in butterscotch and a Martin HD-28 someday.

I am getting tired of hooking up a PTO pump for my loader, so I am kind of gassing for a nice new loader. Also my current loader requires about 1 hour and a chain hoist to remove or install.

Oh, I am interested in the Blue Mikey for recording gigs/practice onto my ipod touch.

One of those bass to midi converters to try out some stuff with my yamaha motif. (if it works well I will probably get a rack mount motif)

A rear truss and a few more lights.

Wireless DMX units to get rid of some cabling.

(I am interested in anything that cuts down set-up/tear-down time)

• Members

now that I have my Android phone (Samsung Moment on Sprint), my only GAS is my new house. Actually it's mine as long as my current one has been... but the tenants are getting kicked to the curb and I'm moving into the bigger of the 2 (both on the same lot).

• Members

I'd really like some more RAM.

This computer runs like a yugo.

I wouldn't mind a new notebook or netbook either. This'n is about 5 years old, battery lasts about 30 mins, and runs hotter'n hell b/c it was/is a pretty high performance notebook. I used to be able to run Doom 3 on it at Hi-Res no problem.

• Members

Musical Equipment:

-Gibson ES-335

-Fender Lee Ronaldo Jazzmaster

-PRS Custom 24

-Genz Benz El Diablo 60 Combo

-Metric Halo 2882

-Apogee Duet

-More mics than I care to type out

-An upright piano for the basement of my roommate's new house

Non-Musical Stuff:

-A new(er) car or suv with better gas mileage and locks on the doors

-An iPhone on Verizon

-An iMac 27" with i7 processor, Final Cut Studio 2 and Logic Studio 9

-New Apple Tablet*

-Canon 7D w/lenses or RED Scarlet (still deciding)

-Zoom H4N recorder

-A large area rug for my new room in my roommate's new house

*pending existence and usefulness (both assumed)

Archived