I just started smoking.

kpax

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe not serious but as good a place as any to post.

Ever seen what a Little Chief smoker does to meat overnight? That's the insides of a smoker. If you smoke, the cilia in your lungs will die within a year or two and you'll have to cough to move fluid out. You're drowning in a minor way. When your lungs lose capacity, you're drowning in a bigger way.

When I quit, I noticed after a year or two that I hardly coughed anymore.

• Members

Maybe not serious but as good a place as any to post.

Ever seen what a Little Chief smoker does to meat overnight? That's the insides of a smoker. If you smoke, the cilia in your lungs will die within a year or two and you'll have to cough to move fluid out. You're drowning in a minor way. When your lungs lose capacity, you're drowning in a bigger way.

When I quit, I noticed after a year or two that I hardly coughed anymore.

I used to work in a woodshop running CNC wood routers for about a year. The bay doors were always open when weather permitted, the vaccuum system was fully functional and did it's job as well as could be expected, all in all it was a pretty well run shop with good equipment and people that cared about safety.

All the same, after a few months I noticed that every morning and often through my shift I'd be coughing or sneezing up all the dust in my lungs. I did this for almost 2 years after I quit working there. :/

Don't {censored} with your lungs, they don't like it and take a long time to recover.

• Members
He didn't thread necro, somebody else did. A lot of people here just didn't follow along. You're obviously the most brilliant of the bunch.

Now simmer down or you stand the risk of rising above the "Dishes it out but can't take it" pile.

Right. Because I am clearly upset and taking it personally. :facepalm:

It must be difficult to see the forest with your head up your ass. :lol:

• Members

Isn't this supposed to get easier? It's been almost 96 hours and the nicotine is supposedly gone. So why am I sitting here this [ ] close to running out and buying some?

I almost have the shakes and I'm incredibly pissy. And my head hurts. And I'm so {censored}ing angry that something this small has such a hold on my life.

• Members
close to running out and buying some?

I almost have the shakes and I'm incredibly pissy. And my head hurts. And I'm so {censored}ing angry that something this small has such a hold on my life.

Boredom? I find I smoke to pass time a lot of the time. As for the shakes and such, I found when you feel like that to go drink some coffee. The caffeine will actually help with that. Then, you know, you'll be a coffee addict instead. :D

• Members
Boredom? I find I smoke to pass time a lot of the time. As for the shakes and such, I found when you feel like that to go drink some coffee. The caffeine will actually help with that. Then, you know, you'll be a coffee addict instead.
:D

I'm already drinking coffee :D

I miss my coffee/smoke breaks :(

Maybe that's what it is. I should probably just give up all of my vices because each one makes me think of smoking. :cry:

• Members
I'm already drinking coffee

I miss my coffee/smoke breaks
:(

Maybe that's what it is. I should probably just give up all of my vices because each one makes me think of smoking.
:cry:

It was really hard for me when my buddy Terry would come over and he'd go out for his smoke breaks. I bummed smokes from him for quite a while after I stopped buying my own. I had to actually DO something else while he was out smoking.

stick with it - drink some water....do some sit ups. Hire a male prostitue - do what you gotta do but don't light up!

• Members
I'm already drinking coffee

I miss my coffee/smoke breaks
:(

Maybe that's what it is. I should probably just give up all of my vices because each one makes me think of smoking.
:cry:

Maybe you've tried it, or maybe you don't want to try it, but Wellbutrin was my best friend when I was quitting.

• Members

close to running out and buying some?

Ohhh Bummer, chicka.

All my smarmy off handed comments directed at the OP aside, I do honestly understand how awful it is to quit. The nicotine coats your nerve endings and when you quit they are left all raw and naked and exposed.

You're also quitting with a toddler in the house which is honorable an admirable. I really hope you can tell those smokes to F right off. You're an awesome person and you deserve your health.

Good luck and good health to you!

• Members

That's a protective coating!
Like carnuba wax on a premium carwash :thu:

Ohhh Bummer, chicka.

The nicotine coats your nerve endings and when you quit they are left all raw and naked and exposed.

• Members
Ohhh Bummer, chicka.

All my smarmy off handed comments directed at the OP aside, I do honestly understand how awful it is to quit. The nicotine coats your nerve endings and when you quit they are left all raw and naked and exposed.

You're also quitting with a toddler in the house which is honorable an admirable. I really hope you can tell those smokes to F right off. You're an awesome person and you deserve your health.

:thu:

Today is day 5. Even went out with the mom's last night in a social situation and did NOT light up. I was close to buying some but DID NOT.

:)

Happy day!

• Members
I am 29 been smoking since I was 14.
I wish I could do anything to quit.

Not lighting up the next cigarette would be a good start... :facepalm:

In all honestly, EVERYONE can quit, cold turkey, if they REALLY WANT TO.

Problems is, most people try to quit for a variety of (valid) reasons, but deep down it's not something they want. It's more like sacrificing something they want in order to improve other areas of their life/health.

Archived