best way to spend 150 bucks

poomwah

• Members

Well, I've been given a choice. Mary ann said my valentines present can be anything music related for up to 150 bucks. Parts, gear, building supplies, etc.

As another option, knowing how much I like epi birds, she said if I want one she will extend the budget for enough to get a used one.

However, I already have three, and the parts to build a fourth minus a body, which I plan on getting lumber for this weekend.

While I like the idea of another bird, especially since I don't have a yellow one yet, I don't want to get one and then think of something else I should have got.

I would like to build a couple bodies, so it could go to that.

What do you guys think?

Oh yeah, she said if I want the bird she will cover the paint also

• Members

A couple really nice accessories- wide leather straps, nice gig bags, gear bags, stuff you wouldn't normally even think about until you're loading in or out at an odd time with a schedule to keep. A strap that'll keep a 11lb boat anchor comfy for 5 hours is a godsend.

• Members

A couple really nice accessories- wide leather straps, nice gig bags, gear bags, stuff you wouldn't normally even think about until you're loading in or out at an odd time with a schedule to keep. A strap that'll keep a 11lb boat anchor comfy for 5 hours is a godsend.

Nice call, I definitely have more basses than cases/bags. And although I love my strap, it is getting old and the leather is starting to crack.

Now I have to try to find another one, and its the only one I've ever seen like it :(

• Moderators

I'd put the $150 in a music gear savings fund and use it when you run into your next music gear related tragedy where the solution everyone agrees is best costs you $10 extra but you have to do something less than ideal because don't have another nickle to spend.

Archived