Anyone gigging with a tube amp?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt I'll be using it for any gigs.....teh M2000 is just better equipped for that sort of thing. I used my Musket fuzz for the first time tonight, and it totally ruled. :rawk:

If I were playing in some sort of cover band that played local taverns and things, it would kick ass.

It has to weigh at least 70 lbs or more. :freak:

We're opening for Jucifer next month. :)

Plus, even at lower volumes my speakers were pushing hard......scary.

• Members

I love playing tube amps, but I'm worried about reliability for some reason....more then tube guitar amps. I'm worried about my speakers, and I'm worried about going DI.

soooo.....sticking with the M2000 just makes sense.

Plus I still love it.....which is crazy. I'll probably never need another bass amp.

• Members

I currently gig with an Old 1977 HiWatt DR-103 100 Watt Tube Head - Very clean sounding with lots of head room -- Bass Cabinet is a GKRBH 210 with Horn 8Ohms -- I'm also using a SANSAMP Bass Driver DI (to get that killer AMPEG SVT SOUND) without having to lug around and 8*10 cab and 80lbs SVT head .. Playing a G&L ASAT -- I always get lots of complements on my Sound (There's nothing like playing bass through a TUBE Head

• Members
All that said, the 2000S sounds really good.

If I ever play in a band that isn't as heavy, it will be my go-to amplifier.

The tone is just plain sweet!

Heavy? As in volume? There's nothing like a tube amp being pushed, imo. :thu:

• Moderators

If a tube amp is too heavy for you, you should hit the weight room.

If you think that tube amps are fragile and need new tubes often, you should stop believing what you read.

+2

Maybe not "stop believing what you read" but more "develop a better sense of judging the reliability of sources."

Archived