Loads of StingRay 5 Goodness: My band's EP is now out!

MingusBass

• Members

A while back I posted about my band and how we were recording our EP and I promised I'd be back when it was released. Well last night we had our release party and the tunes are now up on myspace to check out. I'll include a link to download the tunes or you can send me a PM if you are interested in a physical copy.

I used two StingRay 5 basses on the recordings. I used the Black Cherry Burst HH(ceramic) with rounds on all of the tracks but You + Me which is my Cabernet Pearl BFR HS(alnico) which currently has flats. :cool:

We're VERY proud of this recording because we did everything ourselves. We performed, mixed and mastered everything on this EP. We even designed the artwork.

Please check out the tunes here: http://www.myspace.com/thebergamot

If you dig them, you can either download a digital copy here: Smile - The Bergamot

Or like I said you can PM for a physical copy!

large.jpg

• Members

Ha, they're my babies!

The little bit I heard had a real jazz vibe going on: especially your singer, who gets that smoky smooth vibe pretty good.

Is that your target audience (jazz)?

(I guess maybe "MingusBass" gives that away, but then again ya never know)

I don't have good enough speakers on the laptop to pick up any bass, sorry: that's why I turned it off, not because I didn't dig what you all were doing.

• Members

The little bit I heard had a real jazz vibe going on: especially your singer, who gets that smoky smooth vibe pretty good.

Is that your target audience (jazz)?

(I guess maybe "MingusBass" gives that away, but then again ya never know)

I don't have good enough speakers on the laptop to pick up any bass, sorry: that's why I turned it off, not because I didn't dig what you all were doing.

I wouldn't say we are going after the Jazz crowd but I think some of our songs have a bit of a Steely Dan vibe and Jillian certainly has a very soulful/jazzy voice. I would say we are after pretty much anyone that we can get. Most of the places we play would be classified as college clubs/bars.

You should try listening on a better set of speakers, you may just dig the tunes. You'll certainly be able to hear the bass better.

• Members

What a great video. It looks like you're all having fun.

Is that a Roadworn Precision? Looks great, but that growly growl in the recording says SR5 all the way.
:)

I used the Road Worn P, which is a fine bass, for the video because it was less than 10 degrees out in Northern Indiana. South Bend to be exact.

BURRRRR!

Archived