OT how would you feel if you saw...

poomwah

• Members

a vehicle painted olive drab, on the back is a decal for each branch of the armed forces, and on the vehicle is written.....One nation under God To the men and women of Americas armed forces, those who sacrified to protect our way of life. We thank you

• Members

a vehicle painted olive drab, on the back is a decal for each branch of the armed forces, and on the vehicle is written.....One nation under God To the men and women of Americas armed forces, those who sacrified to protect our way of life. We thank you

depends...is it driving too slow in the left hand freeway lane? :mad:

• Members

Probably laugh since the decals were probably made in china like those jackoff yellow ribbon vehicle magnets.

But I wouldn't "feel" anything at all. I would make sure I avoided the occupant of the vehicle because they are probably crazy, but my day would go on unaffected.

• Members

How did it make YOU feel?

• Members

What areas would one expect it to be accepted in, and in what areas would it be expected to be rejected?

Most rural areas it would be very accepted, from what I've seen, and maybe moreso in the east and south. Uncool in the 'burbs, (kinda red), but acceptable. Asking for a beating in some city areas, especially 'hoods. Just my opinions, mind you. I don't really find it noteworthy, as I have seen similar many times.

• Members

Most rural areas it would be very accepted, from what I've seen, and maybe moreso in the east and south. Uncool in the 'burbs, (kinda red), but acceptable. Asking for a beating in some city areas, especially 'hoods. Just my opinions, mind you. I don't really find it noteworthy, as I have seen similar many times.

So not a good choice for a rig hauler

• Members

So not a good choice for a rig hauler

Well, it would be pretty expensive to paint a whole semi truck and trailer olive drab...

:poke:

On a slightly related note, I once heard it said, "I you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them...."

:D

• Members

Well, it would be pretty expensive to paint a whole semi truck and trailer olive drab...

:poke:

On a slightly related note, I once heard it said, "I you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them...."

:D

Yeah, that would be a lot of paint, lol

And I like thay saying, stand in front of them, lol,NICE

Anyway, I got rid of the t bird and got a cherokee, easier to get in and out of and I can haul my bass rig and gear easily.

Then I got the idea of painting the way way I described as a way of showing my appreciation and respect.

I'm just wondering what kind of static to expect

• Members

What areas would one expect it to be accepted in, and in what areas would it be expected to be rejected?

It probably wouldn't go over too well in Portland or Eugene, Oregon.

It would probably be fine anywhere else in the state.

As for my own personal feelings, freedom of speech is good. I see plenty of cars in PDX slathered in stickers with left-leaning sentiments. Good on them, too.

• Members

I wouldn't care. I'm not someone who advertises my political/religious leanings on the back of my car and I tend to not read those of others.

• Members

If I saw a car like that, my first thought would be: If you really wanted to support the troops, you would have donated that money to an organization that helps them instead of putting it into your car.

Good point

Wish I had money to donate

Paint I can do for free

Archived