Anyone Ever Been To Virginia?

sub5ound

• Members

My little family is driving down next week to visit the in-laws. I googled Ashland, Va. and it looks like I'm going to Assland. There is literally nothing there...I think there is an observatory :facepalm:

I guess the closest city is Richmond. Anybody know of any good music shops, live music venues, open-mics or anything? We are staying at a hotel and I left my jazz bass and pedalboard with the band in case my house is robbed. I'm bringing my Precision and L2500 and headphone amp. That last piece of info was bloggish, I know. Help me. Please. :cry:

• Members

My little family is driving down next week to visit the in-laws. I googled Ashland, Va. and it looks like I'm going to Assland. There is literally nothing there...I think there is an observatory
:facepalm:

I guess the closest city is Richmond. Anybody know of any good music shops, live music venues, open-mics or anything? We are staying at a hotel and I left my jazz bass and pedalboard with the band in case my house is robbed. I'm bringing my Precision and L2500 and headphone amp. That last piece of info was bloggish, I know. Help me. Please.
:cry:

Went to school in Blacksburg for 4 1/2 years. Richmond blows, IMO.

• Members

It's strange. I'm from Denver and I take every opportunity I can get to spend time in small towns. There's always at least SOME trouble to get into.

I don't know where you're from, though. Maybe you're from a small town and you're craving some nightlife.
:confused:
C7

I am the epitome of someone that can {censored} up the peace and quiet of small, rural towns. Just ask my neighbors.

Nightlife for me these days is a couple percocet, german beer and my bass :thu:

I'm almost afraid to drive around with New York plates down there for a week.:facepalm:

• Members

I am the epitome of someone that can {censored} up the peace and quiet of small, rural towns. Just ask my neighbors.

Nightlife for me these days is a couple percocet, german beer and my bass
:thu:

I'm almost afraid to drive around with New York plates down there for a week.
:facepalm:

Are you from West Virginia?

• Members

I'd look for the twistiest, most scenic roads I could find and get out and drive! Appalachian states have some of the best scenery in the country.

Will do:thu: I live in one of the most naturally scenic parts of my state though, so I hope it's good!

• Members

Do a little research and check out some civil war battlefields. Go to Arlington and watch the changing of the guard at JFK's tomb. That's a stone throw's away from DC, so take the Ford's Theatre tour, and get down to the Smithsonian. Their Air/Space exhibit's off the hook.

EDIT: looks like you're from the area, so you've probably been through this. Um. build a bon fire and get drunk.

• Members

Hey Sonic1, what's up

Hey JJ. I think I just read the funniest gawdam thing in the nets. Check out C7's post on page 5 of the 3 things man/woman thread. Poor KK. I just about pissed myself laughing. What's up with you, man??

• Members

Hey JJ. I think I just read the funniest gawdam thing in the nets. Check out C7's post on page 5 of the 3 things man/woman thread. Poor KK. I just about pissed myself laughing. What's up with you, man??

lololol. I did read that. I like it when some time has passed and KK doesn't answer , he knows he has been pwnd.

I am {censored}ing bored as. should be in bed but...insomnia has me.

• Members

lololol. I did read that. I like it when some time has passed and KK doesn't answer , he knows he has been pwnd.

I am {censored}ing bored as. should be in bed but...insomnia has me.

Dude it's like almost 12:30 in the morning there! :lol:

Not enough of Grandpa's caugh syrup tonight, or something on your mind??

• Members

Ha . Although I have partaken in the grandpa syrup, I think it just gives me a sugar rush more than anything....I am a 1 or 2AM bed time kind of guy usually.

You at work already?

Nah. It's a little after 4am here, I woke up for no good reason. One of those things when your sound asleep and your eyes pop wide open *bink*. I have a few hours till work. I'll probably burn out fast tomorrow.

• Members

{censored} bro... that's a {censored}ed up time to wake. Where do you live again?

I'm in Washington State. Left coast, 2 states up from California. And yeah, I wish I was asleep. :bor:

Probably try to lay back down in a few minutes. Cheers.

• Members

There's a section of Richmond that is real nice with lots happening. Try the old Tobacco Company. It's a three story place where they used to hang tobacco leaves where they have bands. very cool actually. Nice restaurants in that area, too. And the southern White House is in Richmond.

• Members

It's strange. I'm from Denver and I take every opportunity I can get to spend time in small towns. There's always at least SOME trouble to get into.

I don't know where you're from, though. Maybe you're from a small town and you're craving some nightlife.
:confused:
C7

spend too much time in virginia small towns, and you end up dressing like a quaker, and using thee's and thou's in your speech....:eek::lol:

Archived