Fenfer Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Considering I only have two....

1) Fodera Imperial

2) OLP

Yes, quite a jump. I knew I probably had one shot at getting a new bass before I had a kid so I just went for it. That and played a crapload of basses in between to act as my in-between bass ;)

• Members

There are four for me, three if which I don't own anymore:

1) 1995 G&L ASAT ( still have it)

2) 1972 Fender Jazz ( no longer own it)

3) 1981 Alembic Series I (no longer own it)

4) 1977 Musicman Stingray (no longer own it)

I kick my self in the ass daily for getting rid of the last three :(

• Members

Originally posted by takeout

My current stash.

Ric 4003, Jetglo with black truss cover and pickguard (poor man's Shadow),

Fender CIJ '62 Jazz RI, Lake Placid Blue with matching headstock,

Epiphone Jack Casady.

Honorable mention: the non-reissue Fender Mustang, Daphne Blue, that I inherited from my aunt when she died. Sounds awesome with dead flats on it. The only bass I'll never sell.

how much for the ric? if you act fast, i'll swap you a semi-geddy for it...

:D:D

• Members

Originally posted by speddling

#1 & #2 are so close it's almost a tie

#1.) Worker Bee 7 fretted

Bee20060903_002.jpg

#2.) 51 series fretless 6

fretless20060903-001.jpg

#3.) 51 series fretted 5

fretted20060903-001.jpg

Did you see Jean is selling his Bee 7? Looks pretty slick! Not like yours, but still- nice! :cool:

• Members

LOL, I'm with Krashpad, I have only owned three.

1)Warwick Fortress Masterman. Original body and electronics, but a Badass II bridge and Carvin neck.

2)Danelectro Hodad. Three lipstick pickups wired in series.

3)DeArmond JetStar Special - sold this when I got the Hodad.

• Members

Originally posted by Fenfer Fan

Third - Warwick Streamer Stage I

2nd - '97 J-Bass

1st - '78 P-Bass w/ Thomastik flats. One-trick poney, I know - but what a sound!
:)

over a 27 year period i have only 4 bass guitars

2 of which deserve a mention

my 68 P Pretty much my first bass

and my current bass my 01 Ric

• Members

I"m pretty sure everyone can guess my top two, but herer goes anyway.

1) 1980 Peavey T-40 - Bought it for $230 shipped from basshunter. I fell in love with the sound and the feel instantly. I had to pay ~$200 to get it refretted, but I would've gladly paid more if I could've gotten a better fretjob than I got. Even with the not so perfect frets, I still love it, and it just speaks to me. Last night, one of my roommates' friends was here and he said that he plays bass, so he wanted to try it out. First thing that he commented on when I handed it to him was the weight. I think that I'm one of the only people in the world that the weight is a nonissue to.

2) 1984 Peavey T-40 FL - I absolutely love this bass. It is definitely the most beautiful bass I've owned yet. The sound is to die for; I"m sure those of you that have played it know what I'm talking about. It is a little heavier than the fretted T-40, but it still isn't much of an issue for me since it plays and sounds so good. The only reason that it's number 2 instead of 1 is because it takes a bit more skill to play.

3) Danelectro Longhorn - I haven't actually played it yet, and I'm not even sure if it's gotten to my house yet, but I havce a feeling that I'm going to like it, just because of the sounds I know it can make, and all that I've heard about them.

• Members

Originally posted by takeout

My current stash.

Honorable mention: the non-reissue Fender Mustang, Daphne Blue, that I inherited from my aunt when she died. Sounds awesome with dead flats on it. The only bass I'll never sell.

If your Mustang has the original finish it's Sonic Blue. I have the same bass although it's not Sonic Blue anymore.

Archived