I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Folks, I hate to say it, but I'm very close to being done with HCBF for good.

The comments of some expressed in the "Interesting take on Katrina relief efforts" thread are just a bit too much to take.

I just can't {censored}ing believe that people swallow anti-welfare hatred to the point that they can no longer see human beings, even when the latter are in their death throes in a national crisis.

It makes me physically sick.

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

Folks, I hate to say it, but I'm very close to being done with HCBF for good.

The comments of some expressed in the "Interesting take on Katrina relief efforts" thread are just a bit too much to take.

I just can't {censored}ing believe that people swallow anti-welfare hatred to the point that they can no longer see human beings, even when the latter are in their death throes in a national crisis.

We've got a TK thread over there. Bman should be able to make the move easy enough. I'm mostly there as it is now as things have died down here while picking up over there.

• Members

You know what? That's a great idea. Soon as I get around to fixing my birthdate, I'm there.

I hate to say goodbye to a lot of good, and great, knowledgeable people on HCBF.

But I just can no longer stand the political "morality" that is being expressed about human beings on the edge of survival. I really hope that some previously interesting debaters will clarify their views as I would have expected of them, but even then...there are still other posters whose shortsightedness (to date!) make me realize that the rise of a Hitler is within the realm of the possible in this country.

And I don't want to participate on a forum where sweeping generalizations turn innocent, hardworking humans into "animals" and "parasites" and "criminals." frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

God.

• Members

By "over there", I meant Ebassist. Myspace is a distant 3rd for me.

Ebassist has picked up the pace a bit so I seem to have migrated over there a bit more now. Haven't really clicked in with any of the groups at this point but they aren't bad.

http://www.myspace.com/niomosy

I've got a handful of the HC/Ebassist crew added as friends already, including Bman (Jam Master Jamie on Myspace rolleyes.gif )

Myspace is a distant 3rd.

I just read the thread. It's apalling what's being generalized about the situation there. If you're hitting up Myspace, look me up.

• Members

Well, at least you don't have to live with comments like that every day. frown.gif

Oh, and since nobody has alreadey said it about previous posts,

KEEP THE ON TOPIC {censored} OUTSIDE!!!!

That is all.

• Members

You know what? That's a great idea. Soon as I get around to fixing my birthdate, I'm there.

I hate to say goodbye to a lot of good, and great, knowledgeable people on HCBF.

But I just can no longer stand the political "morality" that is being expressed about human beings on the edge of survival. I really hope that some previously interesting debaters will clarify their views as I would have expected of them, but even then...there are still other posters whose shortsightedness (to date!) make me realize that the rise of a Hitler is within the realm of the possible in this country.

And I don't want to participate on a forum where sweeping generalizations turn innocent, hardworking humans into "animals" and "parasites" and "criminals." frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

God.

frown.gif

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

By "over there", I meant Ebassist. Myspace is a distant 3rd for me.

Ebassist has picked up the pace a bit so I seem to have migrated over there a bit more now. Haven't really clicked in with any of the groups at this point but they aren't bad.

http://www.myspace.com/niomosy

I've got a handful of the HC/Ebassist crew added as friends already, including Bman (Jam Master Jamie on Myspace rolleyes.gif )

Myspace is a distant 3rd.

I just read the thread. It's apalling what's being generalized about the situation there. If you're hitting up Myspace, look me up.

Look me up too.

http://www.myspace.com/bonoman

I miss you guys a lot, but I just can't take the forum so much anymore. Besides the slow load-times and posting screw-ups, there are too many people here who still - despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary - vehemently support Bush and I'm just sick of people not using their eyes or their minds to actually think for themselves, and I'm tired of arguing with people to whom logic is a thing of science fiction. I'm tired of being labelled a Liberal - I'm not a Liberal, I'm somebody who lookds at the world and thinks about what he sees and makes his opinions based on that. Besides, there are way more girls on MySpace.biggrin.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Bonoman

Look me up too.

http://www.myspace.com/bonoman

I miss you guys a lot, but I just can't take the forum so much anymore. Besides the slow load-times and posting screw-ups, there are too many people here who still - despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary - vehemently support Bush and I'm just sick of people not using their eyes or their minds to actually think for themselves, and I'm tired of arguing with people to whom logic is a thing of science fiction. I'm tired of being labelled a Liberal - I'm not a Liberal, I'm somebody who lookds at the world and thinks about what he sees and makes his opinions based on that. Besides, there are way more girls on MySpace.biggrin.gif

Nice to see you pop in. The pressure's been on Zamfir to finally get on Myspace biggrin.gif Looks like he's finally caving in.

Got that interview with WB today. Hopefully I'll be asking for your resume to pimp around in a few weeks wink.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Bonoman

there are too many people here who still - despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary - vehemently support Bush

*kicks bman in the butt*

For all people that are leaving, I'm ashamed of you. You're letting a couple people scare you off. If you don't like it, don't read it. Don't open the threads that are justing going to made you mad/upset.

I pity you guys. You're letting a couple people scare you off.

• Members

Originally posted by mxpxfan

*kicks bman in the butt*

For all people that are leaving, I'm ashamed of you. You're letting a couple people scare you off. If you don't like it, don't read it. Don't open the threads that are justing going to made you mad/upset.

I pity you guys. You're letting a couple people scare you off.

In Bman's defense, there's lots more tail on MySpace to flirt with tongue.gif That and the forum hasn't been quite so reliable in a while (gee, any wonder why? rolleyes.gif )

I seem to be keeping a bit more to just TK these days, though. I feel I'm becomming somewhat homeless. HCBF's losing the home crowd, ebassist doesn't quite have a home feel (I can't explain it.... it just feels a bit more uptight) and MySpace isn't really there with a good forum like either of these. It's fun in its own way but the forum software is lacking and there's just something missing.

• Members

In Bman's defense, there's lots more tail on MySpace to flirt with tongue.gif That and the forum hasn't been quite so reliable in a while (gee, any wonder why? rolleyes.gif )

I seem to be keeping a bit more to just TK these days, though. I feel I'm becomming somewhat homeless. HCBF's losing the home crowd, ebassist doesn't quite have a home feel (I can't explain it.... it just feels a bit more uptight) and MySpace isn't really there with a good forum like either of these. It's fun in its own way but the forum software is lacking and there's just something missing.

Hos before bros. tongue.gif

And the forum hasn't been that bad for me.confused.gif

I'll always call this my home, but I can under stand your view point. I agree with the ebassist uptight feeling and the boards on myspace suck moose balls.

• Members

Hos before bros. tongue.gif

And the forum hasn't been that bad for me.confused.gif

I'll always call this my home, but I can under stand your view point. I agree with the ebassist uptight feeling and the boards on myspace suck moose balls.

This place has certainly seen better days but I'll probably still hit here pretty regularly.

MySpace really needs vbulletin forum software, man. Their existing software blows ass. Pain in the ass to get thrown back to the idiotic main group page rather than the topics page, no smileys and having to use html tags for everything mad.gif

• Members

This place has certainly seen better days but I'll probably still hit here pretty regularly.

MySpace really needs vbulletin forum software, man. Their existing software blows ass. Pain in the ass to get thrown back to the idiotic main group page rather than the topics page, no smileys and having to use html tags for everything mad.gif

I know it has seen better days but if all the good people leave it only gets worse.

yeah, it sucks worse then lug.

• Members

I know it has seen better days but if all the good people leave it only gets worse.

yeah, it sucks worse then lug.

This is true. Well, there's a bit of love left. Not talking about politics probably would help the situation wink.gif No forum ever seems to do well with politics.

• Members

This is true. Well, there's a bit of love left. Not talking about politics probably would help the situation wink.gif No forum ever seems to do well with politics.

yeah, that is what I do. It seems naive but it works.

And yup about the poltics, I only talk about politics in person.