I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Unfortunately, communion is done by just passing along the little bread pieces with grape juice (bastards don't even use wine! mad.gif ) through the rows. No having to get up or anything. It just wouldn't have the same impact.

I was talking to her on Sunday about how the adults are just imaging stuff then trying to pretend that it's real because it makes them feel better. That and it's just some stories and a bit of history mixed in but it's best to not assume accuracy on all parts of it wink.gif

I'm hopeful biggrin.gif

By "talking to her," you mean your week-old or so newborn? Give her a chance to learn language, man... mad.gif

biggrin.gif

Apparently, at that church, you are in dire need of one of these:

flask-largecap.jpg

biggrin.gif

That way, you don't even have to get up. thumb.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

By "talking to her," you mean your week-old or so newborn? Give her a chance to learn language, man... mad.gif

biggrin.gif

Apparently, at that church, you are in dire need of one of these:

flask-largecap.jpg

biggrin.gif

That way, you don't even have to get up. thumb.gif

My newborn knows the language! mad.gif She just doesn't have the facilities to speak it yet tongue.gif Besides, I'm trying to get the concept pushed into her early so she's not so convinced once we start going to church wink.gif

I think what I might do is just bring a bottle of wine, a corkscrew and a wine glass. Pop the cork and just start drinking, offering a glass to anyone that looks at me tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

• Members

'Lo, all!

Long time, no post.....come to think of it, long time no practice mad.gif ... this is what I get for taking a job that actually requires me to do work.....

So....Zamfir still cute? Bonoman still a horndog? Jazz Ad still brilliant? lug still suck?

• Members

Originally posted by S'Lou

'Lo, all!

Long time, no post.....come to think of it, long time no practice mad.gif ... this is what I get for taking a job that actually requires me to do work.....

So....Zamfir still cute? Bonoman still a horndog? Jazz Ad still brilliant? lug still suck?

S'Lou!!!!!

Welcome back!! Where are you working/what are you doing?

I'm still cute tongue.gif, Bonoman is still a horndog, if a mostly absent one (hates the slow forum), Jazz Ad is still brilliant (we think) and lug goes without saying, do not mention his name in the Thread Killer, thank you.

What's up wid you??

P.S. Yeah, there was an admin snafu back at the MF IT team. They restored most post counts, but finding a Google cache of yours will be hard since you've been gone so l ong. frown.gif

• Members

Originally posted by S'Lou

'Lo, all!

Yeah, that about sums things up.

Except the Zamfir part tongue.gif

• Members

Only if you wine me, maybe dine me. tongue.gif

It's really bleedin' simple:

(Amounts are good for two people...maybe increase a little bit...)

1. Heat up small, *clean* frying pan. Mince two cloves of garlic.

2. Throw a few tablespoons' worth (1/8 cup ?) of extra virgin olive oil in the pan.

3. Add garlic. Cook just a short while - you do NOT want the garlic to brown.

(Next time, I'm considering just heating the oil without the garlic, and adding the latter as soon as I pull the pan off heat in the next step, to see how stronger garlic tastes with it. smile.gif )

4. Immediately pour oil and garlic off into a small (I mean small) bowl.

5. Stir in oregano, basil, and salt to taste. Serve still warm with bite-sized chunks of heavy-ish bread (not French) for dipping.

Not exactly low on calories, but olive oil is the good oil, right? biggrin.gif

Did it tonight with sourdough. It made me happy. thumb.gif

Warning: do not store leftover mixture for more than a day or two. Olive oil with anything containing water (e.g., fresh garlic) can apparently develop botulism over a relatively short time. (So the Internet tells me...)

So don't be trying to flavor your olive oil with garlic for long periods... wink.gif Just make it fresh. Only takes a few minutes, anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

Only if you wine me, maybe dine me. tongue.gif

It's really bleedin' simple:

(Amounts are good for two people...maybe increase a little bit...)

1. Heat up small, *clean* frying pan. Mince two cloves of garlic.

2. Throw a few tablespoons' worth (1/8 cup ?) of extra virgin olive oil in the pan.

3. Add garlic. Cook just a short while - you do NOT want the garlic to brown.

(Next time, I'm considering just heating the oil without the garlic, and adding the latter as soon as I pull the pan off heat in the next step, to see how stronger garlic tastes with it. smile.gif )

4. Immediately pour oil and garlic off into a small (I mean small) bowl.

5. Stir in oregano, basil, and salt to taste. Serve still warm with bite-sized chunks of heavy-ish bread (not French) for dipping.

Not exactly low on calories, but olive oil is the good oil, right? biggrin.gif

Did it tonight with sourdough. It made me happy. thumb.gif

Warning: do not store leftover mixture for more than a day or two. Olive oil with anything containing water (e.g., fresh garlic) can apparently develop botulism over a relatively short time. (So the Internet tells me...)

So don't be trying to flavor your olive oil with garlic for long periods... wink.gif Just make it fresh. Only takes a few minutes, anyway.

Wine & dine? Hell, it's just an excuse for me to wine & dine, too tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Ya know, this would make a great pasta sauce as well! I may have to use this one this week when cooking, seeing as I'm the one that has to end up cooking a lot with the wife feeding. thumb.gif