I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

Hot water trick?

I have tried inhaling vapors from a steaming pot of water with raw salt, with a blanket over my head to keep the vapors in, per my MIL's suggestion. That didn't work so well, takes too long, is generally unpleasant.

I rely on my sinus rinse bottle, which actually squirts warm (not hot!) salt + soda bicarbonate up my nose. That helps greatly, but is not sufficient.

A large part of the problem is a deviated septum.

I generally don't use salt but yeah. It doesn't bother me. If you can't stand it I guess it's not worth if for you.

Hhmm having deviated septum would suck, lol. Wiki says there's a surgery for it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldivor

View Post

40% is all it took for me to make friends with a bottle of whiskey.

>>

Nay it was not alcohol that I am talking about, but my "raise." But I should be thankful I have a job. The 40% in the whiskey shall help in the following months, especially since we overheard the CFO drop the "we are overstaffed" bomb to the managers the other day.thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Donut_Man

View Post

Nay it was not alcohol that I am talking about, but my "raise." But I should be thankful I have a job. The 40% in the whiskey shall help in the following months, especially since we overheard the CFO drop the "we are overstaffed" bomb to the managers the other day.thumb.gif

Ohh a raise is fine too.

oohhh yeah, time for some letting goes.... Fun fun

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldivor

View Post

I generally don't use salt but yeah. It doesn't bother me. If you can't stand it I guess it's not worth if for you.

Hhmm having deviated septum would suck, lol. Wiki says there's a surgery for it.

Yeah, but it's a thin layer of bone away from fatal or blinding mistakes. wink.gif

That said, I'm 80% ready to have it done when I get back to the States.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

Yeah, but it's a thin layer of bone away from fatal or blinding mistakes. wink.gif

That said, I'm 80% ready to have it done when I get back to the States.

oohhh I didn't know that. That should be taken into consideration....

I can see how. If it causes you a lot of grief I'd most likely go through with it myself. Maybe I could even send you a fruit basket or something.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by moogieotter

View Post

Too late...

Look at all the ants! They're comin from that hole! The walls are breathing and I need to put on my camos before the rabbits get me! cool.gif

I don't think that's Dextromethorphan you just took. tongue.gif

The Wikipedia on it (facepalm.gif) seems to indicate it might increase depressive effects of other drugs.

Ants and breathing walls suggest something entirely different. wink.gif