I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Don't call me Zammy. cop.gif

If you mean aikido, there were far too few wimminz. frown.gif

If you mean the Fourth (er, Third) of July party last night, there was quite a bit of eye candy.

If you mean Wimbledon, every once in a while they find a cutie in the crowd, but only for a very short camera fix. mad.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by moogieotter

View Post

At $4.49 for a 6 pack of tall boys, it's worth it.

Hey wait a sec, are'nt you underage? eek.gif

Here you can buy a 40 of it for 1.79. Still isn't worth it. Crap beer will be crap beer no matter how cheap it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

Once in awhile oldivor knocks it out of the park FTW. thumb.gif

In other news, my foot, which I thought was OK after a month of laying off aikido, is still like 70% and makes even some basic footing in the art problematic. mad.gif

Tweaked it a bit today, but not too badly.

In other news, it's Williams vs. Williams in 20 minutes and I'll be relaxing while drinking some good Johannisbeere (currants, I think) or mango juice. thumb.gif

*blushes*

Ouch, I must have missed this somewhere. It's aikido where you use the momentum of your attacker against them? It seems like having a bum foot would really be a pain in something like that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldivor

View Post

Ouch, I must have missed this somewhere. It's aikido where you use the momentum of your attacker against them? It seems like having a bum foot would really be a pain in something like that.

Yeah, exactly. It's very circular, you gotta keep moving off the line of attack and you frequently pivot or spin. I tend to drag my feet, which makes a bum foot even riskier. facepalm.gif

Plus there's a lot of keeping your feet bent pretty far on your toes when you're kneeling for pins or suwari waza, which I just can't do right now. Bloody annoying.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

Yeah, exactly. It's very circular, you gotta keep moving off the line of attack and you frequently pivot or spin. I tend to drag my feet, which makes a bum foot even riskier. facepalm.gif

Plus there's a lot of keeping your feet bent pretty far on your toes when you're kneeling for pins or suwari waza, which I just can't do right now. Bloody annoying.

That's what I was thinking. Reeks that your feet is keeping you from practicing. Injuries keeping you from doing that type of thing are very frustrating because you lose practice time and sometimes your skills get rusty.

Hope your foot gets better. Other than stuff like the generic ace bandage/cool/heat, is there anything you can do?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldivor

View Post

That's what I was thinking. Reeks that your feet is keeping you from practicing. Injuries keeping you from doing that type of thing are very frustrating because you lose practice time and sometimes your skills get rusty.

Hope your foot gets better. Other than stuff like the generic ace bandage/cool/heat, is there anything you can do?

Yeah, I've been off a month and skills, such as they were, are rusty as hell.

I need three practices a week, and we only have room availability for two. Since I started a new rotation at work, I'm at work too late most days to make it on Wednesdays.

My current sensei, much as I really like him, doesn't really concentrate on repetition of techniques, especially ones I need to test in or old stuff that I am losing for non-practice.

And the art has a much steeper learning curve than most. *sigh*

Nah, there isn't too much you can do about foot injuries, I don't think. I have to walk on it anyway to get to work and move about the building at work.

But, if it doesn't get much better in a couple weeks I may need to go get an X-ray and a firm opinion about what to do - but I'll still probably told "not much." wink.gif

• Members

I was listening to Blaise Bailey Finnegan III by GYBE and thought to myself... Golly that name does sound familiar, so upon further investigation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_kCruB92PU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrCCxVt9rHA

(the "poem" he recites in part 2)

http://www.everything2.org/title/Bla...nnegan%2520III

Don't know why, but I got a kick out of this.idn_smilie.gif

The guy talking sounds like a guy that I used to work with, both the sound of his voice and the kind of stuff he says...icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoman

View Post

Hey guys, just in case you haven't been watching CNN lately, Michael Jackson is still dead. tongue.gif

Shush, you, the media is trying its hand at journalist necromancy. mad.gif

Now that Frankenstein knocked off, they figure they have a shot at a real zombie. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Donut_Man

View Post

Went fishing yesterday and caught a rick fish, 3 bass, a halibut (sp.), and a lizzard fish cool.gif

What the {censored} is a Lizzard Fish?!? Like an aligator or something?

I cooked up some chicken in seasonall, red chili, minced garlic, creole spice, and cayenne. Then rolled it in white corn tortillas and fried 'em in oil. Taquitos for the win!