I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

I have had 2 job interviews this month (just felt I needed to move on from my current job). The first one I admit, I blew, they said I didn't seem confident enough in myself to be able to jump in and get things done. The next interview I got screwed. The lady asked how many accounts I handled. Her use of Account was vague, so I asked her to specify, she said bank accounts, so I replied 14. I got feedback from them, and they said that I did not have enough experience with G/L accounts, and that they were looking for somebody that has experince with 100+ g/l accounts, and that 14 was not what they were expecting.... Thing is I handle 150+ g/l accounts for 7 different restaurants, and as a corporate accountant I hadled over 400 accounts. They just screwed up the terminology, and I lost a great oportunity for a higher paying better job.facepalm.gif

Guess it wasn't meant to be.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoman

View Post

I've been the opposite over the past few days in that I can't seem to stop sleeping at all. I've probably slept 24 hours over the past 48 - that's a lot of sleep! And I think I'm going to go get some more right now... I can hardly keep my head up or my eyes open. Damned headache isn't helping either...

boring.gif

I've had days like that, though not that much sleep in that short a period. Still, I think I'll skip the headaches. The coughing and chest congestion is enough for me right now wink.gif

On a plus note, I got much better sleep last night thumb.gif I've also got my antibiotics which will start helping things out as well.

Now to try and get to bed a bit earlier than last night.

• Members

Summer has come in,

Loudly sing, Cuckoo!

The seed grows and the meadow blooms

And the wood springs anew,

Sing, Cuckoo!

The ewe bleats after the lamb

The cow lows after the calf.

The bullock stirs, the stag farts,*

Merrily sing, Cuckoo!

Cuckoo, cuckoo, well you sing, cuckoo;

Don't you ever stop now,

Sing cuckoo now. Sing, Cuckoo.

Sing Cuckoo. Sing cuckoo now!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Donut_Man

View Post

I have had 2 job interviews this month (just felt I needed to move on from my current job). The first one I admit, I blew, they said I didn't seem confident enough in myself to be able to jump in and get things done. The next interview I got screwed. The lady asked how many accounts I handled. Her use of Account was vague, so I asked her to specify, she said bank accounts, so I replied 14. I got feedback from them, and they said that I did not have enough experience with G/L accounts, and that they were looking for somebody that has experince with 100+ g/l accounts, and that 14 was not what they were expecting.... Thing is I handle 150+ g/l accounts for 7 different restaurants, and as a corporate accountant I hadled over 400 accounts. They just screwed up the terminology, and I lost a great oportunity for a higher paying better job.facepalm.gif

Guess it wasn't meant to be.

That sucks. I'm in the opposite position. I've had five interviews and had to take one test over the past six weeks, all for the same position. They keep telling me I'm a strong candidate, and now it's down to myself and two other people, but then they just told me last week that they might not have a decision made until the new year. That's six more weeks of waiting after jumping through all of those hoops! Publishing is {censored}ing ridiculous. Sadly, it's also all I know.facepalm.gif

• Members

View Post

That sucks. I'm in the opposite position. I've had five interviews and had to take one test over the past six weeks, all for the same position. They keep telling me I'm a strong candidate, and now it's down to myself and two other people, but then they just told me last week that they might not have a decision made until the new year. That's six more weeks of waiting after jumping through all of those hoops! Publishing is {censored}ing ridiculous. Sadly, it's also all I know.facepalm.gif

6 weeks... Man thats torturous, hopefully it does not take that long.

Best of luckthumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Donut_Man

View Post

6 weeks... Man thats torturous, hopefully it does not take that long.

Best of luckthumb.gif

I've actually had positions like that. You interview, interview again, give up, then get a call out of the blue that you got the position. They can sometimes take quite a while.

• Members

View Post

November is too early for snow. This sucks.mad.gifcry.gif

Heh, we just got our first rain of the season. It was needed, too. Last I heard on the way to work, the fire areas were doing okay and had no mudslide issues. This storm is almost done, most likely, so we'll get a day or two of recovery before another storm from what they're saying. I just hope the fire areas do well this weekend as well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by has-sound

View Post

I ate FOUR different dinners at four different homes...no, I'm not proud. I was literally stuffing my face from 2pm until about 10pm. Finding it kinda hard to move around today. poke.gif

I ate all day long. cry.gif

maalox.gif