I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

In other news, I got a new laptop last week because my previous one qualified for replacement under the "no lemon" policy on my service plan at Best Buy. I was a little unnerved because any choice I had as a replacement had Vista installed, but after using it for a few days, I've decided that Vista isn't so bad once you get used to its quirkiness. Other than that, I came out ahead, since technology has come down in price over the past two years; I got a computer that is more robust only for the cost of renewing my service plan.

And so far, everything that I've installed has worked fine, although I haven't gotten in depth with Audition or Photoshop yet.

/mindless babble

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod0dmw

View Post

Absolutely nothing.

I'm eating sushi for lunch. It's good! Tuna roll and yellowtail scallion roll...

St. Patrick's Day leftovers. Fortunately, they're damn good leftovers. Wifey did a great job on the meal thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 82Daion

View Post

biggrin.gif

In other news, I'm finished with all my exams for the quarter.

Thank God.

*sigh*

Quarters suck.

I have no idea how people teach any worthwhile course in 10-11 weeks. Even 15 is cuttin' corners...

Although it helps me understand what it is that drives college students to play quarters... biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by monark

View Post

I can't believe my count is even that high! biggrin.gif

I wish I was high.............

Oh well... I'll go home tonight, take a couple of muscle relaxers and drink a beer. That will make it all better.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

Quarters suck.

I have no idea how people teach any worthwhile course in 10-11 weeks. Even 15 is cuttin' corners...

Although it helps me understand what it is that drives college students to play quarters... biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Yeah, it can be a bit of a drag sometimes.

There have been a few courses that I've taken that would have been better served with more time, but that's just the way it goes here.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PiotreX

View Post

I have 15 week semesters. How the heck do you imagine 10 week quarters? that's 40 weeks in all! that's just three months out of school!!! I'd go crazy methinks wink.gif

It happens for a minority of US universities and colleges. One of the aspects I really don't like is the notion of a far shorter winter break around Christmas. "Hi Mom, Hi Dad, , see you in June!" freak.gif

Hey Piotrex, given that your location is Warsaw, mind if I ask you something? To wit - are you Polish, or are you a foreign national in Poland?

Because if you come from a non-English speaking country, I just have to say ... your English is freakin' incredible. thumb.gif

• Members

Just so everybody knows...the sushi ruled! The place is a little weird though. They barely speak English, so it's always a chore to go there. We called ahead and said:

"We'd like 2 completely separate orders (so we can pay for our own)...and the lady said "Ok. No problem" We get there and she goes: "Two completely separate orders? $16.00.

Each order is $8. So after all of that, they still didn't separate it! It's actually more funny than anything...

• Members

View Post

Quarters suck.

It's simple, really. They cut out anything that might be potentially useful to anyone and teach the crap tongue.gif

• Members

View Post

It happens for a minority of US universities and colleges. One of the aspects I really don't like is the notion of a far shorter winter break around Christmas. "Hi Mom, Hi Dad, , see you in June!" freak.gif

Hey Piotrex, given that your location is Warsaw, mind if I ask you something? To wit - are you Polish, or are you a foreign national in Poland?

Because if you come from a non-English speaking country, I just have to say ... your English is freakin' incredible. thumb.gif

No, I learned English from TV while floating in a wooden shed just off the coast of Izrael. The only channel I was getting was NBC, so... I think my story isn't holding together, so I'll bail wink.gif

I'm a Polish national smile.gif But I won't hide the fact that I moved to the US when I was 7 for 5 years. Reading, PA 19-608 (or sth). 'Twas ten yeas ago that I came back. I am a bilingual product tongue.gif

I'm currently studying an OpSciTech(Optics in Science and Technology) course in English at my Warsaw University of Technology, Mechatronics Dept. It's my fourth year. Three semesters to go smile.gif My Master Engineer Diploma will be trying to use a Haptic device for virtual reality sculpting. I'm currently learning COM implementation and OpenGL in C++ for that, as it will mainly consist of programming, and setting up a virtual scene. Fun stuff smile.gif My Promoter pioneered 3D scanning in Poland. That's hella fun too smile.gif

And I play bass cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PiotreX

View Post

No, I learned English from TV while floating in a wooden shed just off the coast of Izrael. The only channel I was getting was NBC, so...

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Piotrex

I'm a Polish national smile.gif But I won't hide the fact that I moved to the US when I was 7 for 5 years. Reading, PA 19-608 (or sth). 'Twas ten yeas ago that I came back. I am a bilingual product tongue.gif

That explains it. 5 years at just the right time. thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Piotrex

I'm currently studying an OpSciTech(Optics in Science and Technology) course in English at my Warsaw University of Technology, Mechatronics Dept. It's my fourth year. Three semesters to go smile.gif My Master Engineer Diploma will be trying to use a Haptic device for virtual reality sculpting. I'm currently learning COM implementation and OpenGL in C++ for that, as it will mainly consist of programming, and setting up a virtual scene. Fun stuff smile.gif My Promoter pioneered 3D scanning in Poland. That's hella fun too smile.gif

And I play bass

Cool! Now I know where to send my complaints about today's video games! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it!