I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

What does that group do?

Application support for an app that our call center uses. Populates the customer service people with customer information from various databases and stores other info like response times, available people, etc. Actually, that's just one thing they support. They also support the apps that do all the call center call routing and a few other applications. I'd be supporting all of that stuff, possibly doing some Java code tweaking (funny, I'm taking an intro to programming class now which uses Java... heh).

I'd be stepping out of my primary work for the past long while. I did some app work years ago along with systems admin stuff, but it's been a while. Still, I could jump into this stuff relatively quickly as I tend to end up trouble shooting application problems when they think it's a system problem.

It's funny, the recruiter that was trying to get me to WMG emailed me. The WMG tech director left for another company and has a position open over there. She wanted to see if I was interested. Shame it's in Santa Monica. That drive would kill me. I've done it before. No thanks. Shame, the guy seemed pretty decent. Oh well. I'll last here a bit and see how it goes. No to decide if I want to jump groups.... smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrow

View Post

what else if its not bass

do i have to partition a hard drive if its just to be used for backup..

i will format it but forget if one needs to partition to do that..

Nope, you don't. It wouldn't need a partition if you're using it as a data drive or backup. You could partition it if you want more logical drives (F,G,H drives etc) for storage and backup.

I never had the need to do that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lyricpoet

View Post

WTFAYTA? confused.gif

BTW, notieve heo manay lturionhcbcpoets anend fup weioth my name asd the last na,ermtronthe thread? I';[d bey you do!freak.gif

Joke from another forum T-40 inhabits.

May I recommend a reduction in your mind-altering substance intake. freak.gif

biggrin.gif