I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Went to the Santa Barbara Kite Festival on Sunday. Loads of fun. Bit cool but there were decent winds (if gusty) for kite flying and a great view of the beach and ocean from the cliffs we were on (at Santa Barbara City College). Baby Nio made a break for the beach at one point. That kid's going to be a beach girl. Once we were on the sand she was quite happy playing in the sand and trying to bury herself. All in all, good times thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by niomosy

View Post

Went to the Santa Barbara Kite Festival on Sunday. Loads of fun. Bit cool but there were decent winds (if gusty) for kite flying and a great view of the beach and ocean from the cliffs we were on (at Santa Barbara City College). Baby Nio made a break for the beach at one point. That kid's going to be a beach girl. Once we were on the sand she was quite happy playing in the sand and trying to bury herself. All in all, good times thumb.gif

thumb.gifthumb.gif

Glad you guys had fun man. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldivor

View Post

thumb.gifthumb.gif

Glad you guys had fun man. smile.gif

It was certainly a nice break for crappy work. Of course, Saturday was spent at the L.A. Arboretum with our nieces. A nice idea but.... it starts out with my wife thinking we should take our nieces. Ok, sure. Our plan is to go to another place, Descanso Gardens. Sis-in-law says, hey, there's a big Korean event going on at the Arboretum. Take the girls there, instead! Sigh. Ok. End result? We saw little in the way of gardens and tons of Koreans (sometimes a good thing, sometimes not biggrin.gif ). Baby Nio got to run around the grass and watch a traditional Korean music/dance performance as well as a traditional Korean wedding, complete with a Korean groom that can't speak Korean and a Caucasian bride wink.gif

Then we finish off trying to leave sis-in-law's only to get stuck there until about 7 for a "quick" dinner. Good thing we just had leftovers rather than her cooking. We'd have been there at least another hour rolleyes.gif It's reasons like this why I just tend to want to avoid them these days.

• Members

View Post

It was certainly a nice break for crappy work. Of course, Saturday was spent at the L.A. Arboretum with our nieces. A nice idea but.... it starts out with my wife thinking we should take our nieces. Ok, sure. Our plan is to go to another place, Descanso Gardens. Sis-in-law says, hey, there's a big Korean event going on at the Arboretum. Take the girls there, instead! Sigh. Ok. End result? We saw little in the way of gardens and tons of Koreans (sometimes a good thing, sometimes not biggrin.gif ). Baby Nio got to run around the grass and watch a traditional Korean music/dance performance as well as a traditional Korean wedding, complete with a Korean groom that can't speak Korean and a Caucasian bride wink.gif

Then we finish off trying to leave sis-in-law's only to get stuck there until about 7 for a "quick" dinner. Good thing we just had leftovers rather than her cooking. We'd have been there at least another hour rolleyes.gif It's reasons like this why I just tend to want to avoid them these days.

hahahaha biggrin.gif

Sounds like an Americanized Korean wedding. biggrin.gif It's cool that baby Nio got to see it though. thumb.gif Where there any single Korean women there about my age though? XD

Dude, a free meal? Please dude, I'd kill for a free meal. redface.gif Even if it has some cat in it. >_>

• Members

View Post

hahahaha biggrin.gif

Sounds like an Americanized Korean wedding. biggrin.gif It's cool that baby Nio got to see it though. thumb.gif Where there any single Korean women there about my age though? XD

Dude, a free meal? Please dude, I'd kill for a free meal. redface.gif Even if it has some cat in it. >_>

No cat for the Koreans, only dog (except Jindo's, which are protected by the Korean government as a national treasure) wink.gif The Chinese will use cat, dog, and pretty much anything that can be safely consumed by humans freak.gif

It was a traditional Korean wedding, in Korean with someone translating to English (and not necessarily having the easiest time with it). Yes, there were plenty enough girls there your age. You'd have had a field day biggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

No cat for the Koreans, only dog (except Jindo's, which are protected by the Korean government as a national treasure) wink.gif The Chinese will use cat, dog, and pretty much anything that can be safely consumed by humans freak.gif

It was a traditional Korean wedding, in Korean with someone translating to English (and not necessarily having the easiest time with it). Yes, there were plenty enough girls there your age. You'd have had a field day biggrin.gif

Dog, cat, it's all the same. redface.gif Really? I find it sort of amusing that they eat dog save one breed. I some time mix up the Koreans and Chinese about eating anything.

Ahk, I just thought by the way you said the groom didn't speak Korean I thought you were hinting that it was a "Korean" wedding. Oh and ^_^ I mean, I'd never try to pick up a girl at a wedding >_>

• Members

View Post

Dog, cat, it's all the same. redface.gif Really? I find it sort of amusing that they eat dog save one breed. I some time mix up the Koreans and Chinese about eating anything.

Ahk, I just thought by the way you said the groom didn't speak Korean I thought you were hinting that it was a "Korean" wedding. Oh and ^_^ I mean, I'd never try to pick up a girl at a wedding >_>

According to Wedding Crashers, that's the place to pick them up! thumb.gif The real trick is that their parents are most likely there as well.

Heh, true story. We've got this Chinese consultant out doing some work for us. We all go out to lunch and end up discussing odd foods we've tried. Ostrich, snake, rabbit, aligator, etc. The Chinese guy says he's tried cat. One guy's curious and asks what it tastes like. I kid you not when I tell you that his answer was, "oh, it tastes like dog!" Yeah, great reference point wink.gif

The ceremony itself wasn't all that much. There was a lot of describing going on, probably because it was such a public thing and us 'merkin's had no clue what was going on or why. But, all the people in the ceremony were dressed in traditional Korean clothing. Not exactly the most appealing clothing for women. Lots of color, though.

• Members

View Post

According to Wedding Crashers, that's the place to pick them up! thumb.gif The real trick is that their parents are most likely there as well.

Heh, true story. We've got this Chinese consultant out doing some work for us. We all go out to lunch and end up discussing odd foods we've tried. Ostrich, snake, rabbit, aligator, etc. The Chinese guy says he's tried cat. One guy's curious and asks what it tastes like. I kid you not when I tell you that his answer was, "oh, it tastes like dog!" Yeah, great reference point wink.gif

The ceremony itself wasn't all that much. There was a lot of describing going on, probably because it was such a public thing and us 'merkin's had no clue what was going on or why. But, all the people in the ceremony were dressed in traditional Korean clothing. Not exactly the most appealing clothing for women. Lots of color, though.

Yeah, lol. It would look funny for some 6 foot 3 guy hitting on Korean women at a wedding with their parents right there. redface.gif

bwwaaahahahahahahahaha Dude, that's great! biggrin.gif

Oui oui, I can see why. I googled traditional Korean clothing and I can see what you mean. Of course things like this haven't stopped me before. >_> XO

• Members

View Post

Yeah, lol. It would look funny for some 6 foot 3 guy hitting on Korean women at a wedding with their parents right there. redface.gif

bwwaaahahahahahahahaha Dude, that's great! biggrin.gif

Oui oui, I can see why. I googled traditional Korean clothing and I can see what you mean. Of course things like this haven't stopped me before. >_> XO

Eh, the girls were running off here and there so it's not like you wouldn't have your opportunities wink.gif

Yeah. I can only imagine how long it took Koreans to have sex. Foreplay was probably getting the woman undressed tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

Eh, the girls were running off here and there so it's not like you wouldn't have your opportunities wink.gif

Yeah. I can only imagine how long it took Koreans to have sex. Foreplay was probably getting the woman undressed tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

*arches finger together*

Perfect for stealing one....

Did I way that outloud? redface.gif

Lol yeah, well you should know, you married one. tongue.gif

• Members

View Post

*arches finger together*

Perfect for stealing one....

Did I way that outloud? redface.gif

Lol yeah, well you should know, you married one. tongue.gif

Yeah, I'm sure they could vanish off for a while, come back, and give some story about the flowers and plants they saw biggrin.gif

I keep telling my wife that I'm never going to marry another Korean woman after her tongue.gif