I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

And in a major bit of stress relief, my review came in and it was from my manager for 10 months of the year (still here, just re-org'ed). Came back much better than the mid-year review where I got seriously nailed for not taking training classes.

It was good to hear that he'd had people requesting me to work on their projects thumb.gif Now if I can just keep that positive momentum going wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by niomosy

View Post

Anyone recall the reference? biggrin.gif

Of course!

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by niomosy

View Post

And in a major bit of stress relief, my review came in and it was from my manager for 10 months of the year (still here, just re-org'ed). Came back much better than the mid-year review where I got seriously nailed for not taking training classes.

It was good to hear that he'd had people requesting me to work on their projects thumb.gif Now if I can just keep that positive momentum going wink.gif

thumb.gif

You the man!

Now photocopy it and ask for a raise. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

Of course!

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball.

thumb.gif

You the man!

Now photocopy it and ask for a raise. biggrin.gif

Heh, given the poor company performance this year, I doubt I'd get too much tongue.gif

Still, we're hoping for at least something of a small raise and bonus but we'll see how that goes. I'm partly expecting the, "due to company performance and IT having to cut back...." type announcement.

• Members

So the words, "be careful what you wish for, you may get it" have been brought to my attention today.

They found the problem with my car.

Catalytic converter and two oxygen sensors. Looking at $2200 as an estimate and they doubt they'll have the parts until at least tomorrow. Sigh.

• Members

In the late 18th century, Louis XVI of France charged a group of savants to develop a unified, natural and universal system of measurement to replace the disparate systems then in use. This group, which included such notables as Lavoisier, produced the metric system, which was then adopted by the revolutionary government of France. In the early metric system there were several fundamental or base units, the grad or grade for angles, the metre for length, the gram for mass and the litre for capacity. These were derived from each other via the properties of natural objects, mainly the Earth and water: 1 metre was originally defined as 1/40,000,000th of the polar circumference of the Earth, and 1 litre of water has a mass of 1 kg and measures 1 dm³. Other units were derived from this, such as the Celsius temperature scale, where water freezes at 0 °C and boils at 100 °C at standard pressure.