I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by JanVanHove

I'm a lazy bastard and I'm not really in the mood to read 260+ pages of pointless posts, but what's the point of this thread?

It's been a round for quite some time and I always see it popping it's head up...

What are we trying to acomplish? Eternity?

Or we just want that guy who started the thread to fell silly for saying that he killed threads?

Gimme some answers, NOW!

Please...

PJ

Everything you have said is at least part of the reason why this thread exists. We just use it as a blog/hangout/conversation area as so not to clutter the rest of the forum.

Think of it as a lounge.

Also, where's Ivor?

• Members

Originally posted by 82Daion

Everything you have said is at least part of the reason why this thread exists. We just use it as a blog/hangout/conversation area as so not to clutter the rest of the forum.

Think of it as a lounge.

Also, where's Ivor?

Busy with college, perhaps?

I must say, the one nice thing about being in training this week is that the company is sporting for some good lunches thumb.gif

• Members

Originally posted by 82Daion

Think of it as a lounge.

Also, where's Ivor?

Fair enough, I might actually start aging out here, then... it's friday so I should feel louge-ish somewhere in the afternoon...

PJ

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

waves wave.gif

just taking it easy on the forums guys

I still check my myspace every day becasue it only takes 10 minutes a day

Taking it easy on the forums? Say it aint so!

Ah, well, everyone needs a break now and then. I wasn't on much last week since I was in training and they didn't have internet access rolleyes.gif

Speaking of people missing... where the hell's Bman?

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Taking it easy on the forums? Say it aint so!

Ah, well, everyone needs a break now and then. I wasn't on much last week since I was in training and they didn't have internet access rolleyes.gif

Speaking of people missing... where the hell's Bman?

yar, I'm doing other things like recording bass and drawing crappy comics

• Members

yar, I'm doing other things like recording bass and drawing crappy comics

Damn you! These are two things I'd like to be doing, too! mad.gif

Sounds like a good idea, though. Glad you're doing something you like thumb.gif

Sigh....

I really should get around to doing some of this stuff I keep saying I'm going to do. Of course, recording would require me having recording gear which I don't have frown.gif

• Members

Damn you! These are two things I'd like to be doing, too! mad.gif

Sounds like a good idea, though. Glad you're doing something you like thumb.gif

Sigh....

I really should get around to doing some of this stuff I keep saying I'm going to do. Of course, recording would require me having recording gear which I don't have frown.gif

hehe now that I have a scanner I can go crazy biggrin.gif

I like the forums alot, but they're a huge time suck. frown.gif I need to learn to just spend alittle time here

aduacity or is it audacity plus some cables. And for drums I use hammer drum. But the best drumming but it works thumb.gif

• Members

hehe now that I have a scanner I can go crazy biggrin.gif

I like the forums alot, but they're a huge time suck. frown.gif I need to learn to just spend alittle time here

aduacity or is it audacity plus some cables. And for drums I use hammer drum. But the best drumming but it works thumb.gif

I do believe I've got a copy of Audacity, back when they had that thing to get a free copy. It's the gear to actually get the sound from my amp to the computer that I'm lacking.

Actually, I've got the cables to go from the headphone jack of my amp into the computer but that usually doesn't work too well. The vAmp for my guitar seems to work well enough, though. Haven't used it in ages, though.

At some point I'll get an M-box 2 and a mic so I can do some real recording.

Oh well. Gotta get ready for some off hours work at midnight. I've got a good bit of driving ahead of me freak.gif

• Members

I do believe I've got a copy of Audacity, back when they had that thing to get a free copy. It's the gear to actually get the sound from my amp to the computer that I'm lacking.

Actually, I've got the cables to go from the headphone jack of my amp into the computer but that usually doesn't work too well. The vAmp for my guitar seems to work well enough, though. Haven't used it in ages, though.

At some point I'll get an M-box 2 and a mic so I can do some real recording.

Oh well. Gotta get ready for some off hours work at midnight. I've got a good bit of driving ahead of me freak.gif

IIRC it's still free.

Well what I do is does the DI out into the computer when I'm recording with my SVT-3 pro. That way it's easy to record.

Then again buying recordingstuff can't hurt too biggrin.gif To be truthful I don't even have a working mic. I just have a cheap computer mic I use for when I'm using my tube amps.

freak.gif

• Members

IIRC it's still free.

Well what I do is does the DI out into the computer when I'm recording with my SVT-3 pro. That way it's easy to record.

Then again buying recordingstuff can't hurt too biggrin.gif To be truthful I don't even have a working mic. I just have a cheap computer mic I use for when I'm using my tube amps.

freak.gif

Come to think of it, I do have that crappy computer mic that I could use. Stupid me, hadn't even thought about using it even though I use it for voip when gaming freak.gif

I may try DI from my iAmp. I tried on my little combo amp before I'd gotten the iAmp and it blew ass. I had better luck going out the headphone jack. At least it'll get me started on recording ideas as I've probably lost a few pretty decent ones already.