What's your band vehicle??

Badside

• Members

Back in the late 60's my band car was a 1949 solid black Cadillac hearse-nothing cooler than that thing at the time. We layed the Kustom black roll and tucked P. A. speaker columns long ways in the back. Nothing was ever stolen from that car. Nowadays, we have a '04? Chevy Avalanche 4 door P/U with a 8' x 20' tandem trailer with a side door and a fold down rear ramp. I'm glad the drummer has money.

• Members

In the future, my wife (bass player) would like to get an SUV and tow all the stuff in a trailer. For now, we've got a Windstar that we fill along with the drummer's open box truck. We're pretty much screwed if it rains.:(

• Members
Originally posted by squealie

Our drummer bought an $800 van.

Then gave it an $800 paint job.

Drummers are stupid.
:(

LOL!

I gots a 91 Grand Caravan. Paid $1300 for it, it's been from TX to Illinois and North Carolina with zero problems. Cold AC, all the power stuff works, doesn't burn oil, 22 mpg, hauls the gear and 2 guys just fine (that's with a standup bass/acoustic/Telecaster trio).

I have recently put a few hundred $$ into it but I'm still in it for less than $2000.

• Members

My guitar player drives an ice cream truck (Snow Cone Joe) in the summer. He ofter drives that to our gigs and makes an extra $50 - $75 at 2:00 in the morning selling to the burnouts that are left hanging around.

I drive a '97 Ford E250 cargo van, with a sliding side door, and mesh bulkhead that I had installed in case of an accident. It can hold all of our gear when packed correctly going TO the gig, but somehow during the (blearey-eyed) load out, it seemed to run out of space the way everyone threw the stuff in. Now I have to supervise where every piece goes. It's nice though because I wait in the van while they haul the gear out to me :)

• Members

Ours is (I think) a late 70s blue Chevy econoline. 2 captains chairs in front, and a bench/bed in back. We just got it this week actually. It has its problems, but it was $500 and it's big enough to comfortably fit all five of us and our gear (guitars, amps, drums, and keys) for out-of-town gigs.
We've dubbed it Blue Boy. Yes, after the magazine. No, none of us are gay. :D

• Members

In my current band, each member loads his/her car with gear (we break up the load fairly evenly).

I used to be in a band that bought a hospital bus (complete with lift). We ripped the seats out of the back half and sectioned it off for gear. We also sectioned off the cab and left the rest for partying on the way to the gig!

Archived