Behringer

Knottyhed

• CMS Author

Originally posted by riffdaddy

To each their own. Admittedly, I am growing fond of some of the newer Peavey monitor wedges. I just don't trust their boards.

Side note: yet another Behringer failing on one of my gigs. The entire second monitor mix failed on the soundman's board. We had to go with one for the entire weekend.

Never seen a Peavey board actually fail. I have an RQ and it had a problem....wrong gain pots installed from the factory....they apparently got a load of parts shipped in that were marked correctly but were linear instead of audio taper. So it worked but was very hard to adjust. At any rate, I returned the mixer, and it was repaired and back to me in just over two weeks total time. That's excellent service.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to use a Behringer PMX2000 powered mixer. We used it alone for small cheap gigs, and for bigger jobs we used it for monitors.

The 1/4 inch inputs on channels 6 thru 10 (the XLR's still work) quit last year at a gig. Something shorted out the pad buttons.

I finally got to use my upgraded rig (at a real gig) last Saturday night.

The Behringer is for monitor power only. Last Saturday, we used it for two monitor mixes for our 3 piece rock band. 250W x 2 is enough for our monitor needs.

Phew, the new stuff kicks ass.....Now I use an Allen and Heath Mixwizard, DBX Driverack, JBL SRX715's, PLX3402, Peavey 2600, and some OK Peavey subs.

The 4 Peavey TLS subs may get upgraded, but for now I can't beat the price - weight - quality product.

Clean, crisp, clear sound with lots of headroom.

Easy to carry and set up.

I am very grateful to the great guys over at the Live Sound forum for steering me towards quality.

flip

• Members

I have been the sound man for over 1000 gigs and I have to say that I trust Peavey products. I have never had any problems with their boards, monitors, amps, they have been nothing short of reliable. I also think they sound good, I think most of their gear sounds fine (you just have to know how to use it).;)

Archived