I had a great gig this past weekend

orourke

• Members

My hard rock trio played the {censored} Cat Lounge last Friday and we kicked-ass.

It's weird, since I started performing again (I took most of the 90's off from do original performances), have been kind of nervous on stage. But my band The Shroud of Lowell, have been gigging a lot this summer. So at this last show, I just went onstage and had a lot of fun.

Even with the club rushing us to start our set, and a soundman that wasn't at even in the club when my mic started feeding back, I still had a fine show. We nailed three brand new songs, and the crowed got them, and we had a good showing. It feels great.

• Members

Originally posted by Greg Bogoshian

Nice when a plan comes together, eh?! Nice to hear!

Man, I hope the 3 shows I have in 10 days (excluding 2 church gigs in the same period) with my 2 bands at the end of this month go half as well as you guys's most recent outings!

Congrats.

BK

• Members

Originally posted by Greg Bogoshian

Get greedy, Brian... I hope they go TWICE as well!!
;)

Haha, well, I can usually fake church pretty well. I know the core of songs and there's only one or two newbies I have to familiarize myself with per service. I can do that even skipping midweek practice if I have to-- I know when to play quiet or layout if necessary, and we run over new material just prior to services on Sunday.

For the rock bands, 2 out of the three gigs are with the side band, and those should be fine too. Our membership has been nice and steady for the past half-year or so and though we've been on a slight hiatus since doing some recording a month ago, we will be fine for our gigs on the 18th and 28th.

The main band whose show is sandwiched in between is the loose cannon. Over the last 6 months we've had a total turnover in the band-- I'm the only guy who played back then who is staying on with the band. The bassist slot has been filled and is fairly stable, except it's a young kid with no car-- no great shakes as a bassist but a good guy and well-meaning-- even though I am supplying him with rides to all the practices and his rig for both practices and shows.

It goes downhill from there. I have 2 guys vying for the rhythm slot, neither of whom will be ready for the show. So I will no doubt draft our outgoing rhythm guitarist (at least one and probably more of his 3 bands will be on the same bill that night) to sit in, no doubt on no practice.

On drums, we have a guy I know will work out for us eventually-- if he can make practice with his work schedule. But he won't be ready either! So our outgoing drummer will be sitting in. We'll do a couple practices with him so that'll go fine, but I just wanna have our membership nailed down and everyone on the same page. We actually have a recording fund ready to be spent in the studio, once I can get a stable line-up and have the newer songs polished live. But right now the sitch is pretty fluid to say the least!

Thank heaven the main band plays punk rock and roll where a little slop just adds to the mystique! ;)

BK

Archived