How were your crowds this weekend?

GCDEF

• Members

We didn't bother booking anything for this weekend because holiday weekends are typically slow around here. Any time we've played on the July 4th or Labor Day weekends, or gone to a club to see another band, nobody's there. Seems people either go out of town or they stay home and have a party or family get together. Anyhow our drummer was sick, and I had to work most of the weekend, so it was a good thing we didn't have a gig!

• Members

Good Thurs. at my steady bar gig. The weekend was very busy at the winery I played, but that's because wineries are always busy on holiday weekends.

This summer has been noticably slower than usual in my regular rooms. Summers are often light because people are doing other things and travelling, but in the last few weeks I don't know what's happening...maybe high gas prices are finally eating into people's pocketbooks. Anyone else noticing this?

• Members

Good sized crowd Sat. night, but a little wierd. They kinda stared at us like zombies for the first half of the first set. Then they got into it. Sets two and three was a filled dance floor, much applause and that weird "hook 'em horns" thumb and pinkie thing that's means we're OK, I guess.

• Members

in a club that we have literally packed out every time we played there, we had a total of 35 people both friday and saturday combined. we are from central mississippi and there was a gas shortage going on so i am not suprised. but the jager was good.

i guess with the hurricane, short gas, what gas you have is high as hell, and people were just conserving. any way, it was a garanteed money gig, but i feel sorry for the guy we played for. he is a nice guy. i called him twice early in the week and both times he said come on so we did. and did i mention that the jager was good.

kevin james

www.monkeyboneband.com

• Members

Friday night's crowd was smallish, but we had a good night musically.

Saturday we were scheduled to start at 9:30. No one there but us and the waitstaff. We hung out for another fifteen minutes, and the owner said, "#^&% it, let's make some noise. Maybe the neighbors will come over and complain." We did three songs and people started to trickle in.

Then the bachelorette party arrived. :) We were supposed to be one stop on their merry way, but they stuck around the whole night. By the second set, the place was hopping. It was never full, but it was a good turnout.

Any gig we can keep them dancing with originals, and NOT have to play Mustang Sally, is a good gig.

• Members

Friday night (solo gig) was packed (which surprised me, being the beginning of Labor Day weekend, but the gas thing may've been to my advantage...new venue, so ya never can tell!), and at the end of the 1st set, the owner scurried over and re-booked me for the 30th, too.

Subbed bass for a friend's 60's-70's cover band in a 350-capacity room Saturday night...had at most 60 people in there at any one moment...everybody partied hard, so management seemed happy enough.

Private party (solo gig) Monday was good, too.

• Members

Originally posted by CloseEnoughRocks

GCDEF,

I'm in Florida, also. Thursday was packed. Friday was kind of OK - almost dead by the end of the night. Saturday, the club was the most packed it's ever been - all the way up to the end. We couldn't figure out why.

SR

You never can tell what to expect. What part of Florida?

• Members

No gigs... Labor day is the one holiday weekend we don't gig. Most everyone in this area gets away to go camping or to the NJ shore for one last hurrah!!! Since our summertime is spent at seasonal riverfront clubs, you are usually playing for just the leftovers who didn't go away. I'm sure with the price of gas this year was a bit different.

We are playing this Sunday at a popular waterfront club in the area. It's the closing party, unfortunately it is also 9-11. I wonder how everyone's spirits will be.

Archived