Hollow body?

THB

• Members

The ES-335 is a semi-hollow. It is solid down through the center. The ES-175 is fully hollow. Both have laminated tops. My favorite archtop hollowbody is the fully hollow Heritage H-575. At least in my opinion they are better made, look nicer, play better, and sound nicer than the ES-175 and cost a bit less too. I got one for $1300. I couldn't be happier with it.

• Members

As Roy Brooks has pointed out, the 335/345/355 (and similar guitars) are semi-hollow-bodied, so the first question is what volume level/musical style do you anticipate using it for?

For mellow, lower-volume jazz/pop gigs, the 175 (and other fully hollow-bodieds) are great, but will feedback at higher volumes. If you think you might want to crank it up more, the semi-hollowed bodied models would work better.

HTH :)

• Members

Originally posted by Terry Allan Hall

As Roy Brooks has pointed out, the 335/345/355 (and similar guitars) are semi-hollow-bodied, so the first question is what volume level/musical style do you anticipate using it for?

For mellow, lower-volume jazz/pop gigs, the 175 (and other fully hollow-bodieds) are great, but
will
feedback at higher volumes. If you think you might want to crank it up more, the semi-hollowed bodied models would work better.

HTH
:)

Thanks for the input Terry, but I was actually asking the owner of the Hollow body moniker specifically which hollow body he plays.

:)

Just curious at 4 in the {censored}in' morning.

:cool:

Archived