Slow Songs

Thundercranium

• Members

Wonderful Tonight.

It's a nice tune, everybody knows it, everybody's played it a bazillion times, and it still packs the dance floor.

The weirdest part about it is that it's not really a love song, it's a song about a drunk guy who takes advantage of his girlfriend by making her drive him home and tuck him into bed.

I suspect Eric graciously left out the part where he puked all over the car on the way home.

• Members

As worn out as it is, "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones still gets them out there. I've been doing "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" by Elvin Bishop for years, too, and that one still gets them on the floor.

Twisted Logix mentioned "Still Got the Blues" By Gary Moore, that's next on my list to do live!

• Members

Sad too say when it comes to slow songs, really slow songs, country rules. Yeah I know it hurts but it's true. There are 10 to 20 good country slow songs for the retched 10 or so rock slow songs. Great chord changes, great lyrics etc. there is no comparison. What to do? Take the twang out of the vocals and enjoy a full dance floor. Try it, you'll like it!

P.S. Wonderful Tonight SUCKS!!!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by wikwox

Sad too say when it comes to slow songs, really slow songs, country rules. Yeah I know it hurts but it's true. There are 10 to 20 good country slow songs for the retched 10 or so rock slow songs. Great chord changes, great lyrics etc. there is no comparison. What to do? Take the twang out of the vocals and enjoy a full dance floor. Try it, you'll like it!

P.S. Wonderful Tonight SUCKS!!!!!!

Examples please!

• Members

Our singer can make the girls slide right outa their seat. He gets a real good result with:

Get Together

Fields of Gold

Every Breath

Ain't No Sunshine

I Put a Spell On You (Tab Beniot's version)

Take the Ribbon From Your Hair

Summertime

• Members

Originally posted by B Money

we always do well with 'Sexual Healing' and 'Purple Rain'

We usually put on an up-beat version (I don't know who does it) of Sexual Healing (on I-pod) right after our last song. The floor stays packed while we start to break down. Great Tune!

• Members

We play to the 21-35 year old market... and I can't imagine playing any of those above. There is only one song under 100 BPM worthy in our setlist.... we use it as a closer or as an encore (if we didn't end with heavy stuff). Depends on the room and or crowd.

PURPLE RAIN-Prince

It is THE hookup song of the century.

:cool:

• Members

Something : Beatles

Nights in White Satin : Moody Blues

The Flame : Cheap Trick

Drive : The Cars

Never Tear Us Apart : INXS

Sister Christian : Night Ranger

We just learned Mama I'm Coming Home by Ozzy. But I have no idea how the crowds will react to that. :o

• Members

Originally posted by Cortfan

We do the reggae version of "Knockin on Heavens Door". We do a lot of reggae for a white band. Our drummer, and singer/wife go to Jamaica 3 times a year.

Cool. That is a good thing. I play Reggae full time in a band. Contact me privatley if there is anything you need.

Archived