OT: I hate it when...

brassic

• Members
Originally posted by VSpaceBoy

Lately on the mobile I've been getting ppl who want to argue with me. NO LIE, it has happened three times.

Me "Hello"

caller "Who is this?"

"uh.. Ron who is this?"

"Is Steve there?"

"No, I think you have the wrong #"

"Oh whatever put Steve on"

"This isn't his phone"

"
WHO
is this?!"

"THIS IS RON, THIS IS NOT STEVE, I DON"T KNOW STEVES #"

"Whatever, quit messing with me and put Steve on!?"

dumbfounded

I get that crap, too!...I'm guessing that whoever had my cell # before me owed a lot of people $$$! :mad:

• Members

When my son started speaking coherently, I'd put him on the phone if a telemarketer called:

"My name is Danny and I have a kitty and I'm watching Barney and I see a birdy outside and I like Daddy and I have a RED ball and I like Motor CYCLES and it's warm by the fire and I'm eating dinner...."

They usually lasted 15 to 20 minutes.

Then I went through a phase where wrong number callers would refuse to speak English. I'd star 69 them, and demand that they take English classes at their local college.

Now I'm using a rotary dial phone, which delights operators to no end:

"Sir, If you'll just press 1, someone will take care of you."

"Nope. Not pressing."

"Are you refusing to press 1?"

"Nope. Rotary dial phone here."

"A what?"

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

That's why you get caller ID and call those {censored}ers back and click on them.

I should 1471 them (UK equvalent of *69) and try that.

Boyfriend tells me that I should pretend to be the Dr's receptionist and make the appointment for them, but I'm not quite that mean. I am tempted though.

• Members

I kept getting a person callin asking for a Rachel,not just twice but four times at 7:00 am(after a gig in Pheonix,I lived in L.A. then),so she calls again(5th time), so I decieded to have fun with this annoying woman.I told her , "I got real bad news ,Rachel got in a very horrible car accident",she starts to really freak out at this point.She goes ,"Oh my God ,Wheres Valery and Ida",I go,"Man ,don't you know ,they were also in the car with Rachel",she starts panting and breathing hard.I also told her "They were all in the I.C.U.(Intencive Care Unit),I stayed there all night,and couldn't get important papers signed due to the fact I was not family" and that "She had to go over there with there families to sign the paper work".....:p ....let's put it this way she stopped calling after that:thu: .

• Members

this is even further ot , but its funny. several years ago we had visitors from a certain religious organization known for their missionary work. You know the guys. Well anyway i had just returned from a fishing trip and i was in the kitchen all dirty and sweaty (we live in SC) and i was up to my elbows in fish guts with a filet knife. When the "missionaries" arrived my wife answered the door. Being who she is she decided to F#$% with them. She calls to me "Honey !!! come here quick there is someone here to see you!!!" Well i thought it was a friend of mine that was supposed to bring buy something for me so i went right in the front room all covered with blood and carring a gory filet knife. You should have seen the color drain from the faces of those guys!!! Needless to say i got what was going on as soon as i walked in the room and didnt try to explain about the fishing trip at all. To make a long story short. We have never had another visit from our friendly missionaries, that was ten or so yrs ago.:D

• Members

Some J.Witnesses used to come to my door over and over again.These women were out to "convert me"......so, I answered the door naked. And told them ,"come on in we'll sit in the bath tub and you can talk about the man on the stick".She looked like she was about to pass out, with her heavy breathing (let's just say I was looking good...know what I mean;) ),I kept telling her look me in the face and answer me( she kept looking down there/smiling),put it this way they were sure walking away funny, one almost collapsed(from being too achy.I guess):thu::D

• Members

My 90-year-old grandmother gets telemarketer calls from time to time, and she can barely hear. It's pretty funny, she just keeps saying, "what" louder and louder. Eeventually they hang up, so I decided that was a pretty good idea. Now I do the same thing when they call me.

• Members

A friend of mine once had some Mormons come to his door. After a few minutes of their proselytizing, he said, " Hey, you know, I'm really not interested, but I know some people who really want to hear what you're talking about. They live in that white house on the corner..."

And he sent them to a house inhabited by Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Members
Originally posted by MDLMUSIC

And he sent them to a house inhabited by Jehovah's Witnesses.

:D That's awesome...

I once had the moromons at my door and told them that I was atheist. Big mistake, they just kept coming back day after day. They were always so nice though; they always asked if there was anything that they could do for me, so finally I said, " yeah my lawn needs to be mowed." I think they were about to do it until I told them I was just kidding. I should have let them do it.

• Members

yeah, that really pisses me off too - i've had pretty much the same exact experience, lol.

sometimes i actually say sorry to them, out of habit or something. i then think to myself, why the hell am i apologizing when they're the ones who screwed up.

and when i dial a wrong number, i always say sorry before hanging up. i guess some people flat out suck.

Archived