Help a Fella Out of His Pants

cherri

• Members

Hilarious!

Despite a penchant for stupid/outrageous clothing (see the photo of my Swiss Army Alpenflage coverall in my avatar or in the "On the Radio" thread if you doubt) I have never had a pair of leather pants. Jacket, yes, pants, no.

I did have a pair of very tight black denim jeans with a batch of buckles going up the calves once. I believe some people called them bondage pants but for me they were merely stagewear.

No really.

Anyhow, as most really tight pants do, eventually they no longer fit me. So when the band was doing a radio interview years ago, instead of a band T-shirt, we gave away those pants to a lucky caller.

I prolly shoulda told this story in the "On the Radio" thread but somehow it seems better here.

BK

• Members

Funny ad. I've owned two pairs of leather pants in my lifetime and worn them both. I owned black leather pants with quilted lining and 30" leg zippers for riding motorcycles in Oregon and brown leather pants for the hell of it.

:)

• Members

Greg, make that a 57-year old drummer fishing for leather pants.

To be fair, Hank is in better shape than anyone I know. His day job is walking, in waders, up & down the river, shocking lampreys, with a 65 lb. pack on his back.

• Members

That cracked me up. I have a pair of leather trews myself that i picked up in a vintage stall in Camden market a coupel of years ago for a tenner (that's about USD18 at current rates). I figured if i didn't I'd one day need them for a costume (yeah, we in the rocky Horror community seem to spend half our lives in one form of fancy dress or another), though so far they were worn once for a couple of hours when my Riff Raff trousers were in the wash, for flyering for a Rocky showing. I keep thinking I should sell them - when i hit my mid life crisis in 20 years and buy a motorcycle i can buy new leather trews then - but they were so cheap i keep just thinking that maybe one day I will want to wear them for something......

This is the reason i have so much {censored} stored in my flat!!

It's not as if I'll ever be able to wear them out socially - I'm the wrong side of 25 for leather trousers.

Leather jackets, now, that's a whole nother ballgame. I currently possess (and regularly wear) about six or seven different ones - all black, bar one which is a winey red colour. I badly want that birght red one with the white stripes that brad Pit wore in Fight Club (the scene where they're taking baseball bats to car headlights), but to date while I've seen a fair few in vintage shops, they've all been for tiny ladies, not weedy average-size guys like me! you're never too old for a good leather jacket. Trousers, though..... nah, i think I'll stick to me bondage trews and drainpipes!

• Members

Originally posted by cherri

Greg, make that a 57-year old drummer fishing for leather pants.

To be fair, Hank is in better shape than anyone I know. His day job is walking, in waders, up & down the river, shocking lampreys, with a 65 lb. pack on his back.

It struck me, Cherri, if YOU have to actually help him out of his pants, maybe...just maybe... you're in the wrong bar.

Archived