Just got the call: We're opening for Def Leppard and Journey...West Palm Beach, FL.

• Members

Thanks alot, man.

These gigs are a ton of fun. We did a couple last year. We opened for Velvet Revolver/Hoobastank, and then Black Crowes/Tom Petty all on the same stage we're playing this one on.

Funny thing is, we're very "indie rock" and in my opinion don't really fit in with the "classic rock" sound, but for some reason "classic rock" folks seem to love us. I guess because we've got kind of an AC/DC hard edge to what we're doing.

Either way, its always fun to play to a few thousand people. Last year at the TP/BC show we moved almost $500 in merch. :D Good thing we have the full length album out now!! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by maxnew40

Those shows from last year sound pretty cool. However I would be as far away from the stage as possible when Journey hits the stage. Niel Schon is a great guitarist but Journey music is just soooo lame.

Max

I can appreciate well written power ballads, and can see the great musicianship and singing even through the cheese. :thu:

• Members

Just saw them last week in NJ.... Journey rocked... absolutely rocked. They were tighter and more enthusiastic than I ever expected. Great thing about this tour is that they play almost all of the Schon/Cain songs. To be honest they outplayed Def Leppard. Have a great show!:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by thriftyshirt

Sound Advice Ampitheater

Monday, July 10.

We're playing the side stage right before the big boys take the main stage.

Anybody in S. Florida coming to the show, make sure to get there early enough to catch a little bit of our set...
:thu:

Better be careful, or lesser talents are going to start trashing your 'indie cred' and calling you a 'sellout'...;):D

Seriously, one gig like that is worth at least a hundred bar gigs in terms of promo, being seen by folks who don't go to clubs, and in being able to list on your press kit impact statements.

Way to go. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by becomingfinal

i thought only pseudo hipsters and in the know scenesters came to see you guys!

seriously though congrats

Haha, we don't have a secret handshake or anything...anybody who wants to can come to shows and rock and roll. :D

We're probably one of the least "scene" bands in S. Florida...we don't support anybody. :thu:

• Members

Congrats dude!!! That is an AWESOME show...I am trying to score some tickets for the date in Vegas. I LOVE Journey!!!

We got the call to open for Testament, and I almost shat my pants...but then again, I'm prolly quite a bit younger than you, and it will be prolly my biggest show yet. Anyway...congrats again!!! Get some pics of the show for us!

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

...To be honest they outplayed Def Leppard. Have a great show!
:thu:

Any band that has Neal Schon in it is as a rule going to be real tough to follow.

Journey did a "co-headliner" tour with Foreigner a few years back. I'd heard that by the end of the tour Journey was closing every night. Cheese or no cheese they always could play.

• Members

Originally posted by Facejackets

Congrats dude!!! That is an AWESOME show...I am trying to score some tickets for the date in Vegas. I LOVE Journey!!!

We got the call to open for Testament, and I almost shat my pants...but then again, I'm prolly quite a bit younger than you, and it will be prolly my biggest show yet. Anyway...congrats again!!! Get some pics of the show for us!

I'm 26. :thu:

• Members

Too bad journey won't have their reagular lead singer...Steve Augeri has been having nasty throat problems, and they hired Jeff Scott Soto to take his place.

I've always though of JSS being a Graham Bonnett-type singer and I just can't imagine what that's going to sound like.:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by cooterbrown

Too bad journey won't have their reagular lead singer...Steve Augeri has been having nasty throat problems, and they hired Jeff Scott Soto to take his place.

I've always though of JSS being a Graham Bonnett-type singer and I just can't imagine what that's going to sound like.
:confused:

We'll find out in 2 days...:thu:

• Members

Great gig! I live in Fort Lauderdale and plan on making it there for your show. If you get a chance to cruise down to the Hollywood bandshell on Wednesday the 12th we're doing our Doors tribute show. I hope the rain gods are friendly to both of us. I got drenched outdoors in Pompano Beach last night and we got rained out at the Lizard Den in Lake Worth the night before. :cool:

Archived