Wearing shorts at a gig? OK or not?

• Members

Yeah, and I'dd add that when anyone is making the money Prince does, and sells the number of records he does, they can pretty much wear whatever they want. Until then, anyone comparing themselves to Price is pretty lame.

Lighten up Francis. It was a joke. :p

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me I don't think shorts are appropriate apparel for a band unless the gig is at a marina or something similiar. Just a club gig, no! Private party or wedding, certainly not! What do you guys think?

Up until recently I would said you were dead wrong.... and then I saw some pics from shows our band did last summer. YEEOUCH. Now I'd say that the drummer can wear shorts, but the other guys should wear long pants.

Women, that's a different story....

• Members

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

• Members

I choose to live by the "don't judge a book by it's cover" motto. I hardly look like the typical IT geek - but I'll bet dollars to donughts that I'm am just as professional - if not more - than half of the stiffs I work with in their starched kahki's and button-down oxfords. I apply the same mentality to 'gig wear'.

I'm gonna wear what I feel comfortable in...and I hardly think anyone will think anyone is going to think I look like a little boy when I wear shorts.

• Members

we wear whatever we feel like, no matter the gig. If I want to wear a silver space suit, i will. I wear shorts to every summer gig, unless its late night festival time. Then its just too cold for shorts.

Archived