What should I do about this gig offer?

New Trail

• Members

I ran into the singer of one of our area's long-time best bands last weekend. They haven't been playing for a few months, and anyway, long story short, he asked me to play with them as they reform with all of the original members except the guitarist, which would be me!:) They are great individually, the singer is awesome, and they have a great local rep. The singer has a studio and they are working on original material. He told me to call him to talk about it.

My problem, if you'd call it that, is that I am already playing in four bands, two of which are booked quite regularly thru the entire year. In fact, as it stands right now, I'm set if we didn't book anything else for the rest of the year. Not that we're booked solid, but enough so that the weekends off would be welcomed.

I really want to do it, since they play a style of music that is different that what is normal for me, and it would be very challenging for me. I don't plan to quit any of my other bands/projects, but I guess if they are okay with my other commitments, there shouldn't be a problem.

What should I do?

• Members

if you can manage it (i cant imagine doing more than 2 projects simultaneously to be honest) but if you can then go for it.

if not and you really want to go for it (because it does sound like a great opportunity) then i'd jettison th eleast important project and sign up:thu:

• Members

If they are reforming and were very popular, you have to figure that they will be gigging fairly heavily and soon........that is going to create a whole lot of scheduling conflicts between your current projects and this new one.......

Is that the case? If so, you may need to find a replacement for your current project(s) just so no one gets left in the position of cancelling gigs.

• Members

if you can manage it (i cant imagine doing more than 2 projects simultaneously to be honest) but if you can then go for it.

if not and you really want to go for it (because it does sound like a great opportunity) then i'd jettison th eleast important project and sign up:thu:

+1. You're already in four bands so I'm guessing that none of them have a problem with you being in other bands. Just watch out for scheduling conflicts and be prepared to sacrifice an existing project or two if necessary if you really want to do this more than what you already do.

Archived