What forumite would you want to jam with?

elbow

• Members

I also wanna play with BlueStrat. Backing up a good blues guitar player on organ is my comfort zone. And I would love to play just with a good drummer just to see how much noise we could make- worked pretty well for Lee Michaels and Frosty.. Also I would pay money to see cooter brown and Mr. Knobs jam together, something tells me they would make a pretty good team. Fantasies, fantasies..(good call, Mickey D, BTW I reaally enjoy your restaurant :))

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
popularity/blues contest!

Wades, Squid, and Sabriel

I refuse to go to Atlanta.

I promise if someone will jam with me, I'll bring cookies and milk.

How about some Sweetwater or Sam Adams instead of milk? I wouldn't jammin with you too Ryan :wave: I'm adding Standard to my large and extensive forumite jam list.

• Members

I'll bet I could learn from and enjoy jamming with just about anyone on this forum. That being said, the first ones that come to mind are Cooter, BluesStrat, and Rhat.

LOL... You would learn alot more from strat and cooter. But I know how to be a good host.

• Members

I didn't mention earlier that forumite Philbo is a member of my band. I think he does most his posting in SS&S.

He'll be gone though and not able to make our 3-15 gig so I've got a temporary opening for a decent lead/rhythm guitar player.

:rawk::)

• Members

Thanks, Pink. Come by Old Venice Thursday night and we'll find something we can play. I bet you'd be surprised how much Dead material was covers of old country and blues tunes. The Race is On, Mama Tried, Beat It on Down the Line, Big Boss Man, It Hurts Me Too, You Win Again and several others are staples in our set. You may know that already since we're both in Jackson, right?

If you can't make Old Venice, we're at Cherokee Friday night.

Thanks for calling me by name, it made my night!:thu:

• Members
Great question....

Tucktronix: Another player in the "holy {censored}, I think I'll just watch" category. {censored}, I don't know any jazz, and don't wanna embarrass myself trying to fake it....I know: Steely Dan, "Do It Again", with Tuck on keys, me on bass, scafeets on lead guitar.
:thu:

Heck, I don't know jazz, either:freak: But we can certainly do a high energy, blues-rock version of "Do It Again", we can add Cooter on piano and myself on B3:thu:

• Members
Thanks, Pink. Come by Old Venice Thursday night and we'll find something we can play. I bet you'd be surprised how much Dead material was covers of old country and blues tunes. The Race is On, Mama Tried, Beat It on Down the Line, Big Boss Man, It Hurts Me Too, You Win Again and several others are staples in our set. You may know that already since we're both in Jackson, right?

If you can't make Old Venice, we're at Cherokee Friday night.

Thanks for calling me by name, it made my night!
:thu:

DAMN I was hoping you hadn't figured it out, so I could say wait a minute- I already have! (jammed with Stagebandit) I'm feeling the gravitional pull of Pop's, trying to resist but weakening rapidly as apparantly I am going to have to replace every single moving part on my truck.. you might have to show up there to jam on some Grateful Skynard with me and Sparky. Or just jam the cap on our bottle of Jim Beam so we couldn't get it off. However that would be excruciating during his mind-numbingly bad imitation of Ray Charles vocalizing- that one usually has me crawling on the stage floor on my hands and knees, looking for my bottle.

Archived