What forumite would you want to jam with?

elbow

• Members

If you heard me play you might kill me and throw my piano in the dumpster, too.
:D

I seriously doubt that, fella. I've heard your stuff on KSS. Your stuff was the reasoning behind me(my wife in this case) dropping $1,500 on a Korg CX3.

I wouldn't mind jamming on some N'awlins piano with ya. The only problem is that I suck so bad that you'll end up slamming the piano cover on my fingers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored}, why not just get everyone in a room and do it for real?

That would be a blast: the backstage with the band jam.

The cool thing about jams, is you never know quite how they'll go - sometimes the most "odd" groupings of folks can make some pretty damn inspired music.

And it's real neat to get to know people's musical background; I know I've surprised more than a couple of people with my knowlege of old skool country folk and gospel tunes.

You'd never know I grew up on the stuff by just talking to me, or playing rock.

I figure everybody's got a story to tell, or a little influence that they bring to the table - that's what a jam is all about to me - happy surprises and having a conversation, musically.

• Members

Reading all this makes me look forward to my gig tonight, playing a dive bar with a throw-together band for a hunna dolla make me holla. I'll try to pretend they're you guys, in the case of chordgirl that would be quite a stretch though.

edited to update: gig sucked, van carrying PA broke down and we were 30 min. late, drummer forgot his stick bag and cymbals, and I couldn't even fantasize there was anyone there from HC. The hunna dolla didn't even make me holla but when the owner said he wanted us back next Thurs. I did let out a little yelp.

• Members

{censored}, why not just get everyone in a room and do it for real?

That would be a blast: the backstage with the band jam.

Ya know this is not all that far fetched; we have done it quite a few times over at the Bass forum. Of course it is a regional thing, but I have been in the Chicago area several times and have met and jammed with at least 20 different forumites. It's really fun meeting people that you have been communicating with for years already.

• Members

Reading all this makes me look forward to my gig tonight, playing a dive bar with a throw-together band for a hunna dolla make me holla. I'll try to pretend they're you guys, in the case of chordgirl that would be quite a stretch though.

so you'll be doing it with somebody else but thinking of me?

you naughty, naughty man...

• Members

I bet it would be a blast seeing you play. If I ever get back to Mississippi, I gotta look you up.

• Members

Awesome chick jam w/ Cherri, RockerDiva, Lee Flier, Chordgirl = :love:

...oh wait, that's 4 guitars...:mad:

Bluegrass jam w/ Way2Fat & Terry Alan Hall

Rhat--just cuz

Gretschfest '08 w/ Blackbelt1 :D

Original collaboration, The Ataris

There really is a lot of amazing talent hanging out here. I'd really enjoy playing with a lot of you.

• Members

Better question: What kind of music would you want to jam with these guys?

Great question....

With you on guitar and me on bass, how bout Metallica "For Whom the Bell Tolls"....Ha ha, yeah, I was young once too sonny boy. :thu:

Bluestrat - It would have to be an SRV tune. "Cold Shot" would be rocking. I'd like to play B3 on this one, and come in for my solo right at the end of bar 7 (of the guitar solo, right where it normally "kicks in"), then let Pat have the last word with some serious riffage....

Cooter - holy {censored}, this guy's so damn good I'm not sure what I'd do. Probably just watch. The song: "Roundabout" Cooter on keys, me on bass.

Rhat: Rhat on keys/vocals, me on bass. Song: "Witchy Woman". Harmony vocals from Chordgirl. :thu:

Tucktronix: Another player in the "holy {censored}, I think I'll just watch" category. {censored}, I don't know any jazz, and don't wanna embarrass myself trying to fake it....I know: Steely Dan, "Do It Again", with Tuck on keys, me on bass, scafeets on lead guitar. :thu:

Mickeydean: yet another dude that I'd wind up watching more than trying to play with. Mickey: guitar/vocals me: bass/b3. The song: "Whiskey River". :thu:

Whew, that's off the top of my head, jams that I could do right now if I were in a room with these guys/gals. :wave:

• Members

I really hope that's not what you think I'm into.. . .

I HATE Metallica.

That's cool - I figured you'd dig the old school Metallica.

We could always do some Zep or Rage: "What is and What should Never Be" or "Killing in the Name"?

Is that a little closer?

• Members

Well, I jam with Zendog54 all the time, and I've jammed with Bluestrat, daddymack, timezarrow, cap, axee, surfdude, alanfc, Smilin' Bob and a few others I don't recall right now. I'd love to see the guys from TK IV II I play, whether I got to jam or not, and I think most of the folks on here would be cool to jam with. Maybe when we hold GeezerFest III I'll post a notice here and see who shows up.

:thu:

• Members

Lol... close enough. You got it!

man... how old ARE you?

Not that old, almost 40.

It's just that I remember when Hetfield was a pimply faced black jeans wearin' starving rock star - what they've become over the years is :freak:

Zep, Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Ozzy and VH were it for me, right before hair metal took over.

Archived