Guess what? i broke my arm yesterday! send love!

• Members

Sitting around with our engineer and friend at our shared studio space, i was standing on a crate to hang some stuff up, it came out from under me.

i went down and put my arm out to break my fall... and heard a cracking noise.

radial head fracture! now im in a splint and sling on my right hand, and have to attempt everything lefty.

guess that puts playing guitar out of reach for a few weeks.

i've never broken/fractured a bone before... any tips on healing quickly and correctly? how long does it typically last?

i hate life today

• Members

Well having a Athletic Therapy background... and a musician..I can sympathize with you... typically a fracture takes about 4 weeks healing... you are fortunate in some ways.. a sprain can take up to 4-6 weeks... So there is nothing to really help the healing process.... you can take some vitamin D... it helps in the absorption of calcium and drink lots of milk... these are simply old wives tales but they might help with a fracture... sorry to hear about your dilemna... but they way time flys it should go by quick enough... good luck..

• Members

Sorry to hear about that, I can sympathize sort of in a third person kind of way. Although I've never had a break yet, my woman has a broken leg right now since falling on the porch steps a couple weeks ago.

I've still got at least another 5 weeks of stair and crutch duty ahead of me.

• Members

Im surprised how bummed out its making me. like... an unnatural amount.

i need my right arm!

what other instruments could i go one-handed at?

BTW i told my band... everyone wished me well and wanted to know how they could help... except the drummer. he straight up told me he wanted a new guitarist. mother {censored}er.

we dot have any gigs until may 22nd... i should be okay by then, right?

• Members

By the end of May is plenty of time bro... Nice drummer you have in the band though... Like I said previously.. the usual down time is 4 weeks.. but depending on how bad it is could take longer but rest assured May 22 should put you about 8 weeks so you are safe with that.. I think ....

• Members

BTW i told my band... everyone wished me well and wanted to know how they could help... except the drummer. he straight up told me he wanted a new guitarist. mother {censored}er.

Maybe you should tell him your arm will heal up but he will always be an asshole. Sorry no further ideas on one-handed instruments.

• Members

About a month to heal is right.

As far as tips for healing, do absolutely nothing with it until you start your physiotherapy - as soon as you're told you can use it, use it as much as you can.

The bone will be healed up in the month, but it's building the muscle back that takes time.

Archived